Shopping Tips and Tricks

I have found the best way to move purchases from my vehicle to my house. I have a clean 32 gal trashcan with wheels that I use to transport purchases from the vehicle into the house and nothing falls out in large holes like the wire shopping carts.

If I need to make more than 1 trip or if it's heavy, I can wheel it up the 5 steps and to any room for emptying. Because I don't shop that often, in the meantime I use it for storage for paper goods in my bedroom. With a board on top then a sheet to match my décor, it's a nice bedside table. Before I leave to do my shopping, I will move the board and the contents to the bed so it is already to go when I get home from shopping.

50 More Solutions

Although, I'm not a packrat, there are times when my pantry, closets and cabinets can get rather full. This is when I go on a home shopping spree.

Shop at Home to Save Money

A restaurant supply store is different than a warehouse-type store like Costco. The one I shop at is called Cash and Carry. These allow anyone to purchase without a card. The difference with restaurant supply is that they cater to restaurant owners.

When I get the urge to shop and don't want to spend a lot of money, I go to the dollar store. It's a great way to squelch the urge and I can get a few inexpensive items that I usually need.

We live in the age of 'Hype'. And we have for so long, the plain unadulterated truth would probably sound strange to us. Even the adjectives we use cannot be taken literally. Have you noticed things that have no weight now come in tons? 'I spent the weekend at the beach and had tons of fun'.

A bottle of styling gel that states "alcohol free!"

Only buy products that have good warranties in the first place, and say "No" when a checker offers you an impulse warranty on electronics. If you are afraid that the product will not last past the manufacturers warranty, it's probably not worth buying.

A woman buying a phone at an electronics store.

A great way to save money is to research what you are buying first even if it is something simple like a coffee pot. You would be so surprised to see how many deals you can find online.

We live in a small town with limited shopping. The nearest bulk shopping is 115 miles away. My friends and I take turns making the round trip and go in on purchases of paper towels and other disposables.

Maybe not a new idea but I think it 's a money saver. Make 2 shopping lists. First is considered a monthly list, in which items like; paper towels, TP, soap and other household items purchased, and a second weekly list for food items only.

To cut down on buying items you already have, create an inventory list for the bathroom, kitchen and pantry. Create two columns. Column 1 is to list the items you like to have on hand and column 2 is to check off when you run out of an item.

When I need to buy dish liquid or any cleaner for that matter, I don't just grab any bottle. I will look at all the bottles on the shelf and pick the one that is the fullest. Because if you pay attention there are some bottles that are fuller then others. That's how I get the most for my money.

The best way to stop spending money is to stay out of the stores or the yard sales or thrift shops. Sometimes we think we are saving money by shopping sales and taking advantage of specials or coupons, but that is true only if you really need something.

I have hated going to the grocery store recently. I keep getting depressed with the high prices! I went today after I went for my morning walk at the track. I continued to listen to my music with one earpiece of my iPod in.

I always use a list when I shop but sometimes the amount of sales tax would trip me up. I found that if I tally a line for each dollar the item costs. and tally up to the next amount.

Years ago, I read an article suggesting the "need, love, or want" rule when making purchases. This has worked well for me and I'd like to share my experience.

Buying tomatoes with cash.

I really don't think this is a tip. It's more of a suggestion for all of us to help where we can. I was at Walmart yesterday. I've made it a habit to pick up a shopping cart that's wandering around, and loose in the park lot, to use in the store.

To help save money when grocery shopping or shopping for multiple items anywhere, use a tally counter to keep track of your spending and don't be surprised when you get to the register. Calculators never work for me because I always end up zeroing by mistake...

Load More
Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingApril 22, 2012
😷
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf25950501.tip.html