Value from Alternate Classic Brands

Just picked up some little spray bottles of the classic French scent Intimate - from the 99 Cent Store! I looked it up, and it is a brand from a 50's French designer. the price at which I got it was 1/2 off even the net's discount price (so I bought a couple).

This isn't the first time I have made good deals on quality merchandise from a little-known maker. When I was shopping for wooden recorders, on the internet I discovered brands of quality other than the main ones available (such as Yamaha or Moek) and was able to make budget buys.

I recently read a book about pianos which talks about the same sort of route (good deals on old pianos other than Steinways) and get a classic brand not well known to the current public for an extremely good price. So do your homework - get to know quality. It can help you make your money stretch.

By pam munro from Los Angeles, CA

What a trip down memory lane. I remember intimate cologne from the 60s, when it was very popular. I especially liked the bath powder. Not to nitpick, but my memory is that it was made by Revlon, an American company.

Thanks for the nostalgic moment.

Consumer Advice Tips for ConsumersJuly 15, 2011
🎃
🌻
🎂