Comfy Chair Headboard

I'm trying to make a headboard for my son's bed that looks like a big comfy chair. I'm lost on how to make the rounded arms!

Meichelle Gee from Maumelle, AR

I would try a bolster pillow pattern. Just enlarge it to the size you would like and then attach it to them to the main part of the headboard.

Good luck! Send pictures when you finish, it sounds like a cute idea!

Cheryl

www.2ewenique.com

What if you used plywood on each side as a vertical support for the "arms" of "chair", maybe even leaning outward a little, and attach plywood arms to headboard back...

then take a peice of PVC pipe, 4-5 inches in diameter, cut a slot that will fit over top edge of your plywood arm supports to simulate rounded "arms" of top of your "chair"...

and then cover with an inexpensive foam for some softness, and cover entire headboard with fabric of your choice...

Make Your Own FurnitureSeptember 7, 2006
Wood plank headboard.
Making a Headboard
Rodent Control, Closeup of Wood Mouse
Rodent Control
Recycled wooden chair planter.
Making a Chair Planter
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
🎄