Coffee Stains on White Corian Sink

I am trying to clean coffee stains from a white Corian sink. What should I use?

Pam from San Diego CA

I always use Softsoap with Bleach. Squirt it on, scrub it around with a scrubber and let it SIT. When it dries, wet it a little and let it sit until the stain is gone. Works for me everytime!!!

Can I use the methods shown for removing coffee stains from a white corian sink for my beige corian sink, or will it discolor it? If not, what do I do?

Hi: Is there an existing process in which you can change the color of white corian counter tops? Please Advise! Dee Mehrens

I did this, not only did the stain NOT come out, it totally ruined my brand new sink. Do not do this.

I have tried bleach, vinegar and ammonia as well as scrubbed the sink with the pads they provided on installation on a corian sink that has coffee stains. Nothing worked that the Corian company suggested on their web-site. I went to Lowes. The guy there said "yes, that is a problem with Corian". He had no ideas but wanted me to let him know if I found anything that did work.

I went back home and found some "IRON OUT" left over from a problem we had with our water filter this past summer. I sprinkled some on--let it set for 30 seconds and washed it off with warm water and a sponge. TOTALLY GONE. I am amazed that the Corian people don't know this!

I recently got a Corian double sink & counter-top, the sink is white. Wow, was I disappointed at the staining. I am not a fan of using bleach, but Softscrub with bleach did remove the staining. I tried my usual "safe' treatments first, ie. Mr Clean white block scrubber, baking soda, peroxide, & Dollar Tree brand oxi-clean, which always worked on my porcelain sink. All were a bust :( I did use BarKeepers Friend this morning & it did a good job too, but contains oxalic acid which I am sure is not environmentally or human friendly. I love the Corian sink & counter because there are no seams to get grundgy. So, all in all, I will take the inconvenience of having to use the occasional bleach product over my old Formica & porcelain combo.

Stains in corian sink/coffee help

November 6, 2004 Flag

I have a white corian sink. How do I get the coffee stains to go away. I constantly use softscrub, but it doesn't come out. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Penny from NJ

Answers:
Baking Soda 11/06/2004
First I'd make a paste of baking soda and rub that into the stain and let it sit a while. If that doesn't seem to help, make a paste of an oxiclean type powder. It has removed coffee stains from formica. If all else fails, Corian can be sanded. Get a wet/dry sandpaper, fine grit and wet sand the area where the stain is until you get through it.
By Ann
Paper Towel and Bleach 11/06/2004
Put down a paper towel or old white rag. Pour bleach on full strength, just enough for the towel to be wet. Go to bed. In the morning take away the towel and your sink will be white.
By lindal
Denture Tablets 11/07/2004
Fill sink partway with hot water, add one or two denture cleaning tablets (cheap store brand)
By kim (Guest Post)
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser 11/08/2004
I have found Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will clean most anything that Soft scrub with bleach won't.
By Sherry (Guest Post)
Greased Lightning 11/09/2004
Greased Lightening cleaner will take out most stains. Peroxide in a spray bottle is good. Clorox clean up too.
By SharonP (Guest Post)
Bleach 01/23/2006
Stop up the sink and run about an inch of warm water. Pour in a quart of regular Clorox bleach. Every so often, swab it up on the sides of the sink. After half an hour or so, the sink will be white again.

For routine cleaning, use the type of Softscrub that comes with bleach added.

www.TopRepair.com has lots of information on problems like this.

By Jim Heaphy (Guest Post)

Beige Corian Counter
Removing Stains from Corian
Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenJune 4, 2006
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Stainless Steel Sink
Removing Rust from a Stainless Steel Sink
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎄
🍂