Looking For Black Salve

Where can I purchase black salve?

mstricia37 from Chicago, IL

I still get black salve from my local pharmacy.

Yes http://www.blacksalveinfo.com has great info on black salve, even pictures of the process, but if you want to purchase the black salve that works on skin cancers you get it from http://www.BestOnEarthProducts.com They do not carry the old black salves used for taking out splinters and boils.

I think we called it wholly salve when I was young. My mother used it when I got a splinter. She heated the end with a match, let it cool a little and applied it to the splinter. It worked too.

What in the world is Black Salve and how do you use it?

<b>Editor's Note</b> Black salve is a herbal paste used for drawing when applied to the skin over tumors, skin tags, moles and infections.

The last time I bought some, I got it at Walgreen's. It was behind the Pharmacy counter. It's also called Ichthamol Ointment.

Wal-mart has (or used to because I have bought it there) black drawing salve called Prid. It is in a little orange tin container. It is in the pharmacy section.

There are many different types and names of "black salve." I have used "prid" as person below but my grandmother and mother (and myself) use black salve from Watkins. It comes in an orange tin and they also have menthol which comes in a green tin. I myself perfer the Watkins salve. There are many dealers for Watkins and they have a website also. You might also find some selling at craft fairs and flea markets.

Thanks! Jan

Metal tweezers.
Removing a Splinter
Consumer Advice Product FinderOctober 7, 2008
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
Black Bean Salsa
Black Bean Salsa Recipes
A woman pushing a cart of presents.
Finding Black Friday Deals Online
🎄