Brush Your Hair Bottom Up

This is a hair combing or brushing tip for medium to long hair to avoid snarling. Start combing or brushing your hair from the bottom working your way up to the scalp. This way your hair will not get tangled with snarls that are being pulled down from the top of your head.

By Birthaleen from Burbank, CA

I recommend using a pick, especially after the shower. There's not so much for your hair to get "stuck" in (which leads to pulling and ripping).

Great advice! There is also an ouchless brush available that gets the brushing done faster! I have hair down below my butt and it's very healthy and shiny. My trick is to use a deep conitioner over night once a week to keep it from becoming brittle. Trimming at least 1/2 inch every two months helps a great deal with preventing split ends which causes dry, brittle and tangled hair!

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips TipsSeptember 20, 2007
Wooden hairbrush on a black background.
Cleaning Hairbrushes
Cleaning Hair from a Brush
Removing Hair from Brushes
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes