Rescan TV Setup To Get Digital Channels

Before we had the switch to digital TV on June 12, I was able to receive both analog and digital on the same TV with no problem. After the switch, all of a sudden, I could no longer receive digital ABC nor CBS TV. I tried inputting the numbers manually and even used the channel up and down selector. Nothing functioned. I called the help line that was being advertised locally, and was told to re-scan all the channels back into the TV, as we did when we first purchased the TV.

I am happy to say it worked. So, if you find yourself wondering why some TV channels are missing and thinking you have to run out and buy another antenna or an antenna booster, try this method first!

By cookwie from Richardson, TX

Rescan did nothing for me. Two channels that I used to get that had a poor to fair (but watchable) picture, show up as nothing for digital. When i called the provided help number, I was told essentially that 'a good signal means a good picture with digital; a weak signal means NO digital picture'. In other words, digital ONLY works if you have GOOD signal. So two channels that I used to watch (even though a bit grainy but watchable) are no longer available. Digital? Humbug!

I have Comcast in Silver Springs Florida. After the transistion, I rescanned and had my same channels as well as my new ones. I was happy. On June 29th I went to watch Clean House and the channel was black. Most of my channels were. I called and was told that we now needed a cable box to get the same channels we had gotten before. I told them that I had called to make sure this was not the case (Brighthouse customers do not need one) and they explained to me they had elected to change the way we recieve our channels and if we wanted to continue seeing the channels we were used to, we would need to spend money on cable boxes for each tv AS WELL as subscribe to their new digital service! Not at all what they promised.

Maybe digital is great for some folks, but for people like me it's a farce. I live just far enough away from the major ABC and CBS stations like 33 miles plus or minus, to get nothing. I do get NBC, and FOX, plus a couple of other stations. Funny the PBS is further away, but I still receive a perfect signal. I will eventually need to buy an outside antenna to pull these missing stations in. I was a cable user for many years, but got sick of the high costs, nasty commercials, and too many repeats. I make use of my local library for great books and movies. Guess what? Other than a favorite soap which I can't receive, and the local news, I am better off. My local library has a DVD swap program with other libraries, and can get me many of the books I want to read. If not for them I would be a bit lost.

Another bah humbug. Before digital I could record any show I wanted while watching another channel. I had to get a new updated recorder. ok I expected that. After putting in all the new digital channels I found out I had to be watching the same channel as the show I wanted to record.

I went back to the store and asked for a different recorder and explained the situation. I was told they don't make those anymore and would have to forget it. I can't believe it but don't know where to get any better information. Bah humbug.

Entertainment TelevisionAugust 4, 2009
Digital Converter Box
Using a Digital Converter Box
Picture of a digital camera.
Organizing Digital Photos
Film Slide
Converting Slides to a Digital Format
Family Taking Digital Photos
Transferring Digital Photos to Your Computer
🎄