Cookbook Software or Template

By Jayne 1

Is there any free software to make my own cookbook?

By Jayne from Ireland

Filter Sort

By Suntydt 75 877 Flag

You have lots of options. The best way to start is with a template for Microsoft Office or Excel. Whichever you are comfortable with or have access to. Just go to Google.com and search for "Microsoft Cookbook template word excel", you'll get the results.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

thr522587 Flag

Check this link out and it's a free safe one :-)

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/t ... 18642.aspx?CategoryID=CT101445101033

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Archive: Cookbook Software or Template

I am hoping to do a cookbook for my church. It is a bigger task than I expected. Does anyone know of a good software program or template I could use?

Brenda

Answers:

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

Hi Brenda, I have no idea of a software program or template, but I would love to know when you are ready to sell your cookbooks! Bless you. (08/03/2006)

By Tedebear

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

check out:
http://mrsal.cengl98.hop.clickbank.net

It offers an excellent program that is a database for organizing all your recipes. It comes with a lot of recipes but you can add, delete and sort. It sounds like it would be a big help to you or anyone who wants to organize their recipes, and even make a cookbook. (08/03/2006)

By Margaret

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

I use www.lulu.com to self publish my books. They have a spiral coil bound option that is perfect for cookbooks. Email me at alex_and_michelle AT yahoo.com if you need more info or help formatting your book, if you choose to use lulu to make it :) (08/03/2006)

By Michelle

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

How about making a cookbook cd instead of a printed book. Just an idea. This is free software for your own recipe collection. I love this, I have over 1000 recipes on this now. And you can download it to a cd.

http://homeplansoftware.com/recipe.htm

If not, here's something that might help:

Information on creating your own personalized cookbook for fun or profit. Visit Fundcraft for your free information and check out Their Recipe of the Day. (08/03/2006)

By micksgirl

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

Here is a good link!

http://www.fundcraft.com/fc/home.asp (08/03/2006)

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

This is just what I have been searching all day to find. A group of girls that I work with would like to put together a neighborhood cookbook, for free, as a service project, so I want to find a free template, or help somewhere, everything so far charges, any more ideas?
Thanks, Tammy. (09/18/2006)

By Tammym07

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

Just a hint, microsoft.com templates has a cookbook template and so does better homes and gardens, BHG.com I'm not sure these are what I'm looking for so I'm still searching....
Tammy (09/18/2006)

By Tammym07

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

Try The Living Cookbook?

http://www.livingcookbook.com/ (05/29/2007)

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

I bought Matilda's Fantastic Cookbook Software from the Cookbook People and I absolutely love it. It comes with something like 25 different design templates, including 5 or 6 church themed ones. I used the Stained Glass template for our church. Very easy to use.

They have a birthday calendar, address book and biography thing built into it too that you can use without any hassle.

Go check it out at http://cookbookpeople.com/ (07/10/2007)

By LindaMason

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

I wound up buying the software Linda recommended here from the Cookbook People. Gosh, it's got a lot of templates. I'm sticking one of the templates in this post to give you an idea. (11/06/2007)

By GingerAnderson

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

http://www.cookbookpeople.com/l

or check the back of a better homes and gardens magazine, for cookbook printers (12/11/2007)

By heather

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

I am also looking at templates for a Church Fellowship Meal Cookbook. I would have liked it to be free but the ones I found are not very good. I would like to insert pictures and also have a nutritional information calculator. Is there any at an inexpensive price?
Denise
(12/19/2007)

By Denise

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

Reading all the posts, I am ready to buy the Matilda software and binding kit from the Cookbook People also. However I discovered this link http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/templates/TC010768851033.aspx?pid=CT101445101033 when I was on a Microsoft Canada website and was able to download and open in my MS Word 2003 Professional. I saved this and a few other downloads in My Documents folder and am anxious to start my own cookbook. Happy holidays to all! (12/21/2007)

By gzsowers

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

I tried using MS Word to create a fund raising cookbook and it was such a chore. Also, the bad thing about doing it in Word is that printers don't like word. I ended up having to put the whole thing in a publishing software, Quark I think it was. Recently I found the Matilda's Fantastic Cookbook Software and it not only formats automatically and makes your table of contents for you, it can be turned into a format that printers like. A truly fantastic find! (07/31/2008)

By Kazandra

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

Here's one great for family cookbooks - add your family names and emails, they can each log in and add recipes. Saves the editor tons of work. Tons of covers and divider options, too. http://www.FamilyCookbookProject.com (08/26/2008)

By Chip

Archive: Cookbook Software or Template

I want to make family cookbooks for my daughters this Christmas. Does anyone have suggestions as to any free software or templates that are available to make cookbooks? Thanks so much!

Laurie from Des Moines, IA

Answers:

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

A web site www.blurb.com publishes real books, with hard covers and all. The smallest, soft cover and cheapest is 9$. They provide a software that is really fun to use and you can print it out on your home printer to "proof" it or just publish it in your own home.

(11/25/2008)

By Rose

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

Microsoft Works Task launch has a recipe book template under Works Database. (11/26/2008)

By Ms April

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

I found two templates on HP's site. I haven't tried them, but they look to be user friendly.
(12/11/2008)

By lovethecritters

Archive: Cookbook Software or Template

I'm looking for free easy cookbook software which especially includes an explanation on how to print and easily collate the pages. I want to make a cookbook with recipes on both sides of the pages, printed at home. Also, I would like it to offer different size pages and binding choices. I haven't found any replies that are exactly what I need.

Jean from Illinois

Feedback:

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

Go to tastebook.com. It's fantastic and that's all they do. You can use your own recipes, pull in some from cookbooks, whatever and it organizes everything. Good luck. (01/31/2009)

By

Archive: Cookbook Software or Template

Where can I find free cookbook templates to make a family cookbook?

By saints_fan85 from New Orleans, LA

Feedback:

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

Whatever you get, make sure to back it up. (08/13/2009)

By cookwie

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

All the free cookbook template software sites I just checked out could open you up to possible spyware, etc., so I suggest going to this site (I even have a free subscription with them where I've found lots of things regarding cooking including some free general templates) and they have an awesome cookbook template software for sale:
<a href=" http://www.cookbookpeople.com/blog/2008/08/12/top-5-ways-cookbook-templates-make-recipes-easy-and-fun-to-format/#awp">cookbookpeople.com

If you would like to try recipe cards instead of a recipe book Hewlett Packard has a free template where you can even place your own photo and type in or copy and paste recipe text and print right from the link:

hp.com

(08/13/2009)

By Deeli

Archive: Cookbook Software or Template

Can anyone suggest a good cookbook software?

By Yvonne J.

Feedback:

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

Here is a great site. cookbooktree.com It is free and my mom (who lives out of state), my daughter, and myself all work on the same family cookbook. You can set it up as a private or public cookbook. Very awesome site. (10/19/2009)

By debcutlip

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

Try Easy Chefs One Million of the Worlds Best Recipes. It's a pretty good one. (10/19/2009)

By quiltinglady2001

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

BettyCrocker.com has great cookbook information if you are looking for many recipes. Is that what you are looking for? Or are you making your own? If making your own, check out Tastebook.com (10/19/2009)

By foxybubbles

Archive: Cookbook Software or Template

I am looking for a program, hopefully free, to make my own cookbook. I would like to be able to add photos. I will do my own printing and putting together. I must to be able to put my recipes in different categories and spell check. Does anyone know of one with these features?

By Sharon from Delaware, AR

Feedback:

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

If you have Microsoft Word you can go to the Microsoft Office website and download a template for recipes. Figure out you own structure for the index and use Word to right the whole thing and print it out. You can probably also submit it to a printing place in Word format and they would be able to knock it out with minimal editing/formatting. (01/26/2010)

By Suntydt

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

I googled "free homemade recipebook" and found a few options. Have a look at this link, there are some very pretty recipe cards here. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/acHowto?lc=enandcc=usandextcat=invitationsstationeryandprojid=c00681569anddlc=en (01/27/2010)

By debera

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

I use The Best of Master Cook for my recipes. Everything you asked for is there, plus thousands of good recipes (more recipes are always a plus for me). I have gone through my collection of recipe books and created new recipe books of my favorites. I have set up books for Appetizers, Bread, Cookies, Crockpot, etc. You can get the nutrition for each recipe, multiply or divide a recipe by servings, generate a shopping list and do a search for a specific ingredient (like pumpkin) or specific recipe (like taco). I have enjoyed this program for several years and purchased it for each of my 5 daughters so they can save their own recipes. You can check it out on Amazon.com and, if you like it, you can purchase it from them too.

I almost forgot, I created a Heritage Cookbook one year for each of my daughters with their grandparents favorite recipes. This book is used often by my daughters. It's like a part of their grandparents are at the table when they create one of their favorite recipes. I want to encourage you to create a Heritage Cookbook for each of your children. It is a gift they will cherish for years to come.

I hope this helps you out. Bobbie (02/01/2010)

By BMA1

RE: Cookbook Software or Template

The cookbookpeople.com web site offers the Matilda software. It is excellent and very inexpensive. I think I paid under $30, but the good thing is they offer free technical help by email. I've tried this over the past year and each and every time get a quick response (within the day, usually) answers to my technical questions. You can put photos from the web or your own photos, spell check, etc. They will also allow a table of contents with recipes grouped by category. Sounds like everything you want. (03/05/2010)

By DonnaCross

Handwritten Cookbook
Making a Cookbook
Computers SoftwareJanuary 11, 2011
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Anti Virus Software Search
Anti Virus Software Information and Reviews
Handwritten Cookbook
Making a Cookbook
A stack of CDs or DVDs
Saving Money On Computer Software
Two kids making fruit kabobs.
Making a Cookbook for Kids
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 2:44:27 PM on 10.0.2.194 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

AnswersArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings