Cookbook Software or Template

Is there any free software to make my own cookbook?

By Jayne from Ireland

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

You have lots of options. The best way to start is with a template for Microsoft Office or Excel. Whichever you are comfortable with or have access to. Just go to Google.com and search for "Microsoft Cookbook template word excel", you'll get the results.

Check this link out and it's a free safe one :-)

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/t ... 18642.aspx?CategoryID=CT101445101033

Answer

I am looking for a program, hopefully free, to make my own cookbook. I would like to be able to add photos. I will do my own printing and putting together. I must to be able to put my recipes in different categories and spell check. Does anyone know of one with these features?

By Sharon from Delaware, AR

Answers:

Cookbook Software or Template

If you have Microsoft Word you can go to the Microsoft Office website and download a template for recipes. Figure out you own structure for the index and use Word to right the whole thing and print it out. You can probably also submit it to a printing place in Word format and they would be able to knock it out with minimal editing/formatting. (01/26/2010)

By Suntydt

Cookbook Software or Template

I googled "free homemade recipebook" and found a few options. Have a look at this link, there are some very pretty recipe cards here. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/acHowto?lc=enandcc=usandextcat=invitationsstationeryandprojid=c00681569anddlc=en (01/27/2010)

By debera

Cookbook Software or Template

I use The Best of Master Cook for my recipes. Everything you asked for is there, plus thousands of good recipes (more recipes are always a plus for me). I have gone through my collection of recipe books and created new recipe books of my favorites. I have set up books for Appetizers, Bread, Cookies, Crockpot, etc. You can get the nutrition for each recipe, multiply or divide a recipe by servings, generate a shopping list and do a search for a specific ingredient (like pumpkin) or specific recipe (like taco). I have enjoyed this program for several years and purchased it for each of my 5 daughters so they can save their own recipes. You can check it out on Amazon.com and, if you like it, you can purchase it from them too.

I almost forgot, I created a Heritage Cookbook one year for each of my daughters with their grandparents favorite recipes. This book is used often by my daughters. It's like a part of their grandparents are at the table when they create one of their favorite recipes. I want to encourage you to create a Heritage Cookbook for each of your children. It is a gift they will cherish for years to come.

I hope this helps you out. Bobbie (02/01/2010)

By BMA1

Cookbook Software or Template

The cookbookpeople.com web site offers the Matilda software. It is excellent and very inexpensive. I think I paid under $30, but the good thing is they offer free technical help by email. I've tried this over the past year and each and every time get a quick response (within the day, usually) answers to my technical questions. You can put photos from the web or your own photos, spell check, etc. They will also allow a table of contents with recipes grouped by category. Sounds like everything you want. (03/05/2010)

By DonnaCross

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Can anyone suggest a good cookbook software?

By Yvonne J.

Answers:

Cookbook Software or Template

Here is a great site. cookbooktree.com It is free and my mom (who lives out of state), my daughter, and myself all work on the same family cookbook. You can set it up as a private or public cookbook. Very awesome site. (10/19/2009)

By debcutlip

Cookbook Software or Template

Try Easy Chefs One Million of the Worlds Best Recipes. It's a pretty good one. (10/19/2009)

By quiltinglady2001

Cookbook Software or Template

BettyCrocker.com has great cookbook information if you are looking for many recipes. Is that what you are looking for? Or are you making your own? If making your own, check out Tastebook.com (10/19/2009)

By foxybubbles

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Where can I find free cookbook templates to make a family cookbook?

By saints_fan85 from New Orleans, LA

Answers:

Cookbook Software or Template

Whatever you get, make sure to back it up. (08/13/2009)

By cookwie

Cookbook Software or Template

All the free cookbook template software sites I just checked out could open you up to possible spyware, etc., so I suggest going to this site (I even have a free subscription with them where I've found lots of things regarding cooking including some free general templates) and they have an awesome cookbook template software for sale:
<a href=" http://www.cookbookpeople.com/blog/2008/08/12/top-5-ways-cookbook-templates-make-recipes-easy-and-fun-to-format/#awp">cookbookpeople.com

If you would like to try recipe cards instead of a recipe book Hewlett Packard has a free template where you can even place your own photo and type in or copy and paste recipe text and print right from the link:

hp.com

(08/13/2009)

By Deeli

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm looking for free easy cookbook software which especially includes an explanation on how to print and easily collate the pages.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Handwritten Cookbook
Making a Cookbook
Computers SoftwareJanuary 11, 2011
Computer Browser
Troubleshooting Computer Software
Anti Virus Software Search
Anti Virus Software Information and Reviews
Homemade Recipe Book Holder
Making a Cookbook Holder
Two kids making fruit kabobs.
Making a Cookbook for Kids
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 11:15:42 AM on 10.0.2.94 in 777 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.