Making a Recipe Book for Online Recipes

Category Recipes
With so many recipes now available online you might still want to consolidate your favorites into an old school recipe book. One example would be to print and add them to a photo album.

About 25 years ago, my aunt made me a photocopy of the photo album of family pictures that were taken in the early 1900s. Photographs back then were black and white; therefore, color was not needed. I made an album by inserting the pictures into heavyweight sheet protectors that are made to put into a notebook. I now have a thick notebook with those pictures she made for me and others that I have added. They are just as clear today as when she first made them.

I had some extra sheet protectors and decided to use them to start a book of recipes I see on Thriftyfun. These are some that I have submitted and others that I have tried and wanted a copy.

This project may become expensive, however, I believe I can hand it down to my grandchildren. The plastic sleeves protect the recipes.

• heavyweight sheet protectors made for notebooks
  • 3 hole notebook
  • computer
  • printer
  • printer paper
  • scissors
  • Scotch tape

1. When you find a recipe on Thriftyfun that you like, click on print and make a copy. I love that it comes out in large print which makes it so easy for me to read.
  2. If needed, cut off information that you can do without so it will fit onto one page.
  3. Tape it together and trim to fit the sleeve. Trim the side of the paper so it will be easy to slide into the plastic sleeve.
  4. When you want to cook, it's easy to remove the plastic sheet and hang the recipe on a cabinet door handle using a clothes hanger. This puts the recipe at eye level and easy to read.

What a great idea.

Organizing RecipesNovember 20, 2019
🎄
🍂