Reusing Wornout Capri Pants

I have a pair of black linen capri pants that tore across the rear yesterday. This is the second tear in these pants, and the linen just seems very worn, so I don't think they're worth patching again.

I'm ever so slowly becoming more thrifty-minded, so even though my first instinct would have been to just throw them out, I'm wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions on how to reuse them. I know I can use the fabric for rags, but any other fun suggestions are welcome too! Thanks.

Courtney from NH

Depending where on the rear the tears are, you could cut off the legs, and use the top as a tote bag, making handles from the legs. Or you could stuff the cut off legs and make two neck roll pillows

If the top 8-10 inches of the top are still good, you could use that as the top of a skirt by attaching more fabric to the bottom in a print or stripe to make it as long as you like. Just measure around the bottom of your cut off top, add 2 inches to that for the side seams, and measure the length you want the skirt to be, plus 2 inches for the top attaching seam, and bottom hem. This would give you a one-of-a kind skirt.

Let your imagination go wild. What do you need? How can this work towards filling that need?

Christmas is coming. Who do you need a gift for?

Pillows are a great idea for black linen.

If you sew, you could use them to create a pattern to make another pair.

Small draw string bags for gift giving or jewelry storage.

Cut the pant leg off, hem it, put a handle on it, and use it to store plastic bags.

Cut into squares for a crazy quilt. (google that, you'll love it).

Barbie clothes and blankets.

Welcome to the world of thrifty living. It's fun here.

Black linen would be a nice texture to use as a background in a framed picture?

Consumer Advice Tips for ConsumersAugust 13, 2007
Pants with a permanent crease.
Adding a Permanent Crease to Pants
Pants Zipper
Keeping Your Pants Zipped
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants. Baseball Player with Bat on White Background
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants
🎉
🎄