Juice Pouch Craft Ideas

Category Other
Many wonderful things can be made with Kool-Aid Jammers or Capri-Sun juice pouches. This page contains ideas for juice pouch crafts.

Here are instructions for making a tri-fold wallet out of Kool-Aid Jammer or Capri Sun juice pouches.

Capri Sun Wallet

Using washed juice pouches, sew them all together and make a tote bag. The large ones are great for grocery shopping. Small ones are great for carrying as a purse.

Approximate Time: three to four hours for me

Instructions:

1. Cut top of pouches, wash in soapy water and rinse. Turn upside down on towel to drain and dry.

2. Sew pouches together: for large totes: four across and three down. Make two sides, and then two smaller strips for the sides.

3. Sew together all sides and add bias tape around top.

4. Sew two straps for handles.

By Sue from Sarnia, Ontario

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Kelly Ann Butterbaugh

It saves both the planet and your money. Recycling juice pouches into fashion accessories is a fun eco-stylish trend. All recycling projects require the same first step - cleaning. For each pouch, drain it completely, then slice the bag lengthwise and fold it open to expose the inside. Clean it with soapy water and press flat to dry. The great colors of the pouches make for endless design options.

Purses

To make a pouch purse, you'll need to collect 20 juice pouches. To make larger bags, simply collect more pouches. All sewing should be done with a zigzag stitch over two slightly overlapped edges of the pouches (like sewing two pieces of fabric together).

Step 1: Sew three bags together side by side. You'll want to create four strips of three. Then, stack them and sew the strips together forming a block of 2x3 pouches; this is the larger front side of the bag. Repeat for the back panel of the bag. For the bottom sew two pouches together at the short sides (top of one to the bottom of another).

Step 2: Align the long sides of the bottom panel to the bottom of the front and back panels and sew them together with the same overlapping stitch. You'll have one large block - the front panel, the bottom panel, and the back panel all sewn together.

Step 3: To create the sides, follow the same directions as you did to make the bottom panel. Create two panels of two pouches each. Sew the bottoms of the side panels to the short sides of the bottom panel. Your final shape should now look like a cross.

Step 4: Pull the sides of the cross together to sew the vertical corners of your purse. Voila! You have a box! Add handles or a shoulder strap by using a large width of gross grain ribbon. Sew two pieces of the 1 inch wide ribbon together to create a sturdy strap or handle of the desired length. Then, attach them to the purse with grommets or a sturdy stitch.

Wallets

For the Capri Sun wallet you won't need to sew; instead, use duct tape to create your recycled craft. While cleaning the pouches for your wallet, cut them open along one of the long sides of the pouch as close to the top as possible.

Place the two cleaned pouches flat with the bottom ends together in a slight overlap and the open ends facing the top. Using duct tape, cover the wallet front and back, adhering the ends together and reinforcing the pouch. Make sure you don't cover the top of the pouch where the cleaning slit was cut; this will be the pocket of your wallet.

Once the entire wallet is secured with tape you can create dividers. Using two nearly equal pieces of duct tape, secure them together with the sticky sides facing each other. Allow the edges of one side of the tape to stick out past the other piece of tape; you'll use this to secure the divider into the wallet. Now, attach your clear divider inside the pouch by pressing the sticky edges to the inside.

For the credit card holders, measure your credit cards to size and create small pockets of packing tape like your previous divider. Then, adhere them in a stacked fashion onto one side of your bi-fold wallet.

Lunch Bags

Much like the pouch purse, create a lunch bag in the appropriate size and shape. For handles, use an X-acto knife to cut half circle sized holes out of the top of two opposing sides of the bag. Then, use duct tape to reinforce the handles. Because of the composition of the lunch bag, adding an ice pack to the pouch to preserve your lunch will work well.

Pencil Case

If your kids like drinking the Capri Sun pouch contents, try building upon their love of the pouch by making pencil cases for school. Start off with the same pattern as the wallet - two pouches end to end. However, unlike the wallet, you'll create two panels and adhere them together with duct tape at the bottom and two sides, leaving the top open like a wallet.

This reinforced pencil case can then be sealed two ways. The easiest way is to add adhesive Velcro patches across the top of the pencil case or to use duct tape to secure a zipper onto the end of the pouch.

Editor's Note: Here are some craft project ideas that have been posted on ThriftyFun with step by step photos. Please share your own juice pouch recycling ideas.

Making crafts out of Capri Sun or KoolAid Jammer pouches can be a lot of fun. You can make cool and durable gifts. Below are instructions for making a checkbook cover that I made.

juice pouch checkbook

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

When making juice pouch wallets, you could also secure them by sewing on velcro as a closure. This would prevent your cards from randomly falling out of the wallet.

I am looking for more ideas and plans on making items with Capri Sun and KoolAid Pouches. Purses, bags, and etc.

Thanks so much,
Robin from Bison, SD

Answers

By (Guest Post)

I am not sure which ones you already have, but here are some ideas, cut the pouches so they are flat, with hole punch punch holes in them, then crochette together to form hats. Brim you would have to cut into shape for of course. You can also make visers, and purses.

I need a pattern for a Capri Sun backpack.

By Lynn P.

Answers

Here are a bunch of different patterns and ideas www.craftster.org/.../index.php?action=tags;sa=showtopics...

I am looking for instructions for how to make Capri Sun pencil pouches.

By suzanne

Answers

Here is a link to (if I remember right) 30 patterns using foil juice packs like Capri Sun, but there is a price. With PayPal you can get them right away. I will keep searching and if I find just a pencil pouch I will get back with for that.

I would love any directions for juice pouch crafts (purses, wallets, belts, etc.) I am a mom who is finishing a college degree, and I see them all over campus.They look so fun to make, and I have a teenage daughter who wants them, too. Thank you!

Marie from Idaho Falls, Idaho

Editor's Note: Here are two Juice Pouch craft projects that are on ThriftyFun.

Here are some links to other tips and requests about Juice Pouch crafts.

This is a page about making a recycled juice pouch lunch bag. Save your empty juice pouches and make this fun, recycled craft with your children.

Juice Pouch Lunch Bag

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This page is about making a juice pouch purse. A fun way to recycle is to make a cute purse with containers that usually end up in the garbage.

Juice Pouch Purse

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I have found several cool projects for juice pouches where you cut from the bottom. Unfortunately, I've been cutting the tops off and rinsing the pouches for storage. Now I have a bunch of decapitated juice pouches and want to know how I can use them. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Gail from Charlotte, NC

Answers:

Craft Uses For Juice Pouches

How about planting seeds in them, just prick a few little drainage holes in the bottom. (02/10/2009)

By Julia Pelling

Craft Uses For Juice Pouches

Are these the "Mylar" type bags? All kinds of stuff comes in this type of bag, chips, cookies, cereal, and all sorts of "snack" food. I make sure that they are clean and dry, cut off the seams and run them through my paper shredder. Instant Easter grass. (02/10/2009)

By sheri

I love to sew and really like working with Capri Sun or Kool-Aid pouches. I am mostly house bound so I have lots of time on my hands. I have made purses, wallets, coin purses and check book covers. Can anyone give me ideas on what else I can make and instructions. I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance.
Ettamae from CA.

Answers:

Craft Uses For Juice Pouches

Could you post the directions for the projects you've already made? I have twin 6 year olds and LOTS of juice pouches. (06/21/2005)

By Mary Ellen

Craft Uses For Juice Pouches

I actually saw an article in the Charlotte Observer around prom time where this chick made her prom gown out of Capri Sun pouches. I wish I could tell you the exact date it was published but maybe you can pull up the archives. (06/22/2005)

By bekkicat

Craft Uses For Juice Pouches

That sounds like a very fun and funky lampshade cover!
How about a rain poncho? (08/05/2005)

By Teresa

Craft Uses For Juice Pouches

A friend of mine makes belts out of these, also. Strips of colored feathers look really cute around the tops of the purses, big and small. (08/22/2005)

By Elizabeth

Craft Uses For Juice Pouches

You can make a lot with juice pouches such as coozies, aprons, wallets, coolers, belts, pencil holders, Christmas stockings, sun glasses case, credit card holders, coin purses, photo albums, lunchboxes, and trust me more.
(09/04/2005)

By KAYLEIGH

Craft Uses For Juice Pouches

I want to thank all of you for your input on craft uses for juice pouches. You gave me some great ideas.
Ettamae from CA (09/04/2005)

By ellen wagner

Craft Uses For Juice Pouches

Bingo bag (06/30/2006)

By p gonzales

Craft Uses For Juice Pouches

Pocket protector, or a sunglasses case. (12/07/2008)

Does anyone know how to make the juice pouch bags and lunch boxes? We are trying to go green and save money. Thanks.

By CRYSTAL from Zebulon, NC

Answers:

Juice Pouch Totes

I bought a small metal water container - holds about 12 ounces - from Amazon. The small drink containers made of plastic are not healthy, and the pouches send more trash to the landfill. The metal one should last forever, and I think you'll save a lot by using it everyday in a child's lunch. They come in different colors and I would write or etch the child's name on it. Good for you to be concerned. I am sure you will pack healthy things - so much better. Good luck! (05/02/2009)

By Janet

I recycle juice pouches to make useful crafts. These tote bags are great when shopping or traveling.

Juice Pouch Totes

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I would like to make a juice pouch (bag) wallet for my husband and a belt and checkbook cover for me. Can anyone tell me how or pictures of how?

Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherMarch 31, 2012
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-08 12:26:27 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️