Turbo Oven Tips

I need to know how to cook a roast and vegetables in a turbo convection oven. Thanks.

By Debbie from Ipswich, Australia

May 28, 2010 Flag

My dad just passed away and left me a Farberware Turbo Convection Oven. The book is no longer in print and he didn't have one. Can I use microwave-plastic dishes and my Corning and Anchor Hocking glass in it?

I have spent about 20 hours on the web writing Farberware and their publishing site, and book is no longer printed. Any help on how to use and what dishes to use with it, how to calculate baking times, how to even run it is deeply appreciated.

By kittymom

Answers:

Turbo Oven Tips

I am not familiar with this device, but if it's not a microwave do not use plastic in it. Corningware and glass vessels should be fine. Looks like you will have to experiment to see how to work it. Start with simple things that are hard to ruin, a roast chicken, for example. (01/08/2010)

By OliveOyl

Turbo Oven Tips

Thanks Olive for trying. Anchor Hocking microwave bakeware is just fine if the convection oven has a fan and does not go over 425 degrees F.

Just found that today on the web. Still looking for help as well as Olive's reply, much thanks all.
(01/08/2010)

By kittymom

Turbo Oven Tips

Does this help?

dl.owneriq.net
(01/09/2010)

By dvg

Turbo Oven Tips

I have a Farberware oven that I have been using for years, and love it! I use it for everything I bake except a turkey (too large). You have to lower the temp 75 degrees lower than what the recipe calls for, but never lower than 300 degrees. I bake great cakes, cookies, roasts, etc.

I always search yard sales, estate sales, etc. to find these ovens, and now I have the one I use and 2 spares-just in case. The plus to these is that the kitchen doesn't heat up, because you are using turbo air instead of the heating elements used in regular ovens. DO NOT put plastic in them, but metal, and glass is fine. Remember, it is an oven, and you use it just like a regular oven, but with less heat, and the time factor is less also. If a cake recipe calls for 30 minutes bake time, check your cake at about 22 minutes to see if it is done. Each oven varies as well as the item you are baking. Hope this was helpful. (01/10/2010)

By law4448

Turbo Oven Tips

Dear Friend,

Am I to assume the model # of your Farberware Turbo Convection oven is # 460? If so, the following link has a photo and a price for one, which I also assume has a manual dealsonappliances.com By BgMamma001

Turbo Oven Tips

Dear Friend,

Here's a cookbook for all turbo convection ovens: squidoo.com Enjoy this rainbow-filled day! Mrs. Marshall (01/11/2010)

By BgMamma001

January 7, 2010 Flag

I bought a "Turbo Oven, Cook the Aeromatic Way" machine years ago. Just rediscovered it in a cabinet. Does anyone have any favorite recipes or comments, things to watch out for, or praise for this unit or style of cooking?

Thanks.
Holly

Answers:

Turbo Oven Tips

If you know the manufacturer you can either write them or look online for their website. I've had a lot of luck with this method. Also, go to a recipe website, such as allrecipes.com and put Turbo Oven in the search space. It works for crockpots so it may work for your oven. (07/23/2005)

By Eedith51

Turbo Oven
Using a Turbo Oven
Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceMay 28, 2010
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
🎄