Freezing Fat-Free Half & Half

Can fat-free half & half be frozen?

Judy from Riverside, CA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

I don't know about freezing, but there are a lot of things you can freeze. You might want to check the ingredients on the label. When they make things fat free, they add lots of sugar or the like &/or hydrogenated oils, which cause all kinds of things like cancer. Personally I think the extra fat is a much lesser evil.

Best Answer

I do all the time and it doesn't change a bit of the product. I love the half and half fat free. Tastes the same as the fat one to me.

Yes, go ahead and freeze it.

Yes, I stock up and freeze FF Half and Half all the time.

However, you need to allow 2 full days for it to defrost in the refrigerator then give it a good shake before using.

Macaroni and Cheese
Cooking with Dairy Products
Food and Recipes Freezing DairyMarch 2, 2009
Textured Half Shell Cowl
Making a Textured Half Shell Cowl
Bowl of plain  yogurt.
Low Fat Yogurt Recipes
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 11:53:52 AM on 10.0.2.254 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.