Save On Oil Changes For High End Cars

We know a lady with a high end car. She's asked us for suggestions on what to do for cheaper oil changes, as her dealership charges $200.00 for hers. If you're in this predicament, find a reputable repair shop, that you trust or talk to your neighbors and friends, see who they suggest.

Go to an Auto Parts store, for your auto's filters. At least the first time, as the filters might not be a stocking item, they might have to be ordered, for such as Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar. Some filters might be a dealer item, only. Meaning the manufacturer might not have released filter parts number to the auto parts stores, yet.

By Terri H. from NV

I have worked at a Mercedes dealership now for 12 years. Mostly in the parts dept. Although what you are referring to is true, in order to keep your warranty in force you're required to have all services done by the dealer. Unless you can find a certified M-B technician to service the auto. It stinks, yes. But it is for the best.

What car is that, a Rolls? I never heard of a $200 oil change on a car. Half the time I do it myself if the weather isn't too bad.

I suggest she take it to another shop - she's getting ripped off for sure! Or even read the owner's manual and do it herself. It's not that hard, I was doing it when I was 13 years old.

Or for even greater thrift, trade the car in for something normal people would spend for. The prices of those cars is so high, I would only spend that on real estate that I can keep, not watch the rust, rot and depreciation. I can afford such a luxury car, but I lose my appetite when I see the price.

Consumer Advice Cars MaintenanceNovember 30, 2007
Quart of Oil, Rag and Funnel
Saving Money on Oil Changes
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
car gear parts in carton box
Saving Money on Parts for Old Cars
Smashed bugs on front of car
Cleaning Love Bugs from Cars