Pit Bull Chewing Problem

I have a Pit Bull that chews everything she gets her mouth around. She will chew wood toys, rugs, beds, and drywall. What kind of toys can Pits have? She chews every kind of toy I get. How can I stop her from chewing the house up?

By John

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Check out the Kongs. My dog is an aggressive chewer. The extreme Kongs have been great for my dog. He can destroy just about anything. The nylabones are also great. One of those lasts my dog about a month before I have to replace it because he's chewed it apart.

They have a spray that is safe for furniture & dogs that makes it taste sour so the dog wont like the taste & will learn to leave that alone. Artlady is right the large nylabones & kongs are great for keeping them busy. Good luck.

My Pit does the same thing! She has already demolished 4 kings, but I would try the strongest kong they have!

Another idea is to make sure your puppy gets enough exercise and attention. That helps tire the dog out and cures the boredom factor that often leads to the bad behavior. Nice long walks and play involving running and fetching will make a big difference. Then gentle correction when you see chewing on the wrong items.

Answer

A dog in a crate
Dealing With a Dog That Chews
Pets Dogs Training AdviceApril 11, 2011
Squirrel Chewing
Squirrels Chewing on Car Wiring
A couch chewed on by a dog.
Keeping Dogs from Chewing on Furniture
unwrapped gum on top of several foil wrapped pieces
Uses for Chewing Gum
Pit Bull Puppy
Training a Pit Bull Puppy
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 28, 2016 at 7:06:33 PM on 10.0.2.110 in 568 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.