Old Bottles of Suntan Lotion

I have 5 or 6 old bottles of suntan lotion. Where can I get rid of them?

By Regrab from Brookfield, WI

Does your township have a recycling center? They might take them. My husband and I recently had to clear out my mother-in-law's shed. With many old hazardous items, like paint thinner, varnish etc. My township recycling center adviced us that the county has a quarterly drop off site for hazardous materials. We just drove to the site on the specified day, showed our proof of residence, and they took the items from our trunk. Maybe your township can give you some information. Good luck.

Is old suntan lotion hazardous? Why couldn't you just put in with the regular garbage?

Like Louel said, I would just put it in with your regular trash.

Don't get rid of it! If it still smells good, use it as after bath lotion, hand lotion, etc. It may or may not still be SPF, but why waste a good source of free skin softener. And as a bonus, the smell will make you think of the pool or beach!

Consumer Advice General AdviceApril 16, 2009
Old Perfume Bottle
Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
lotion bottle
Getting All the Lotion Out of a Bottle
Shaving Supplies
Homemade Aftershave Lotion