Dispensing Nacho Cheese

Does anyone have any idea how to dispense cheese for nachos without having a mess. We don't have a regular cheese warmer with the pump on it, so we usually heat the cheese in a crock pot and dip it out but that is so messy and we waste a lot that way.

bsw66 from Coshocton, OH

I have no idea if this would actually work, as it would depend on the thickness of your cheese sauce when heated, but would a large turkey baster work?

All i do is use a fondue pot put the cheese in it and hook up the warmer candle underneath and there ya go cheese stays warm and smooth the same way for keeping choc warm for dipping strawberries try it It works ause the cheese stays warm and doesnt clump all you need to do is stir once in a while

Try a ketchup squeeze bottle. By cutting off some of the tip to let the melted cheese come out, you can squeeze out as much/little as you want.

once it has been heated pour into a pitcher and keep the pitcher in a couple inches of water in an electric skillet on low heat. then you can pick up the pitcher as needed and pour it out and return it to the skillet.

hth

brenda-ohio

I just spent the past week helping at my church's youth camp. We had a snack shack in the evenings where the campers could purchase burgers, nachos, etc.

We heated our nacho cheese in a crock pot and just dipped it out with a long handled metal ladle. I would say it held maybe 1/4 to 1/2 a cup of cheese, so it was probably what you would call medium sized. It wasn't very messy and it worked well. You might want to try it.

I usually heat cheese in a pyrex liquid measuring cup in the microwave. The measuring cup makes pouring easy because it has a spout. I usually set it on a plate after pouring to avoid little cheese drips on the counter.

I don't know if you can buy this in a store, but in our drive inn restaurant, we buy 3 ox. packs of nacho cheese in a plastic pouch. When we need some for an order, we lay a package just under the edge of the grill, and when the resr of the order is ready, the cheesd is hot. If you can't find it is the grocery store, maybe you could buy it at the grocery company and split a case with a friend. They're good, quick and easy.

Thanks for the ideas on how to use nacho cheese i always would use a fondue pot they are great also in a glass meas. cup and heat and pour. thanks again the ideas you can get here are great this is my fav web site

Nacho Cheese
Serving Nacho Cheese
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsJune 23, 2006
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a "Nacho Libre" Costume
Crushed Ice
Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice
Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice
🎉
🎄