Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing and Dip

Here's the copycat recipe mentioned in the 'Search For Copycat Recipes For Your Favorite Foods' tip today :-) Now Thrifty Fun has it, too.

• 15 Saltines
  • 2 cups dried parsley flakes
  • 1/2 cup dried minced onions
  • 2 Tbsp. dry dill weed
  • 1/4 cup onion salt
  • Ad
  • 1/4 cup garlic salt
  • 1/4 cup onion powder
  • 1/4 cup garlic powder

Directions:

Put crackers through blender until powdered. Add parsley, minced onions and dill weed. Blend again until powdered. Place in a bowl and stir in onion salt, garlic salt, onion powder and garlic powder.

Place in a glass container with a tight fitting lid. The dry mix will stay fresh for up to a year.

For Salad Dressing

• 1 Tbsp. mix
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 cup buttermilk

Mix together and serve.

For Veggie Dip:

• Sour cream

Mix to taste

By Deeli from Richland, WA

I've been making my own ranch dressinf for years, but it was always missing something. Thanks for the recipe. I will try it without so many saltines, as they are not very healthful. But at least one can do away with all the preservatives.

Hi annelaundrie, if it's the salt on the saltines you're worried about you can wipe much of the salt off with your finger tips and then be able to use the recommended amount of crackers for the recipe.

Thanks for your post :-) Deeli

This recipe is quite different in proportions from the one I have used for years - much higher in onion, (mine is twice as much garlic as onion) and I think the dill is not standard for ranch dressing. Most ranch dressing recipes also include a small quantity of black pepper. I would guess the saltines are for thickening?

Hi Contester, there are dozens of ranch dressing recipes that use dill and if anyone wants to add pepper they most certainly can. As mentioned above this recipe, it was submitted as a copycat recipe. I made a jar of it and it's the closest to Hidden Valley Ranch Brand flavor of any others I've tried. I too assume the saltines are for thickening ;-) Thanks a bunch for your post :-)

Food and Recipes Recipes Copycat Salad DressingSeptember 24, 2009
Closeup of lily-of-the-valley flowers against green of leaves and blue sky.
Growing Lily-of-the-Valley
Homemade ranch dressing.
Homemade Ranch Dressing Recipes
Low Fat Ranch Dressing
Low Fat Ranch Dressing Recipes
Ranch dressing using dry mix.
Dry Ranch Dressing Mix Recipes
🎉
🎄