Newspaper Toy for Kittens

Rip up the Sunday paper and put the strips in a shallow cardboard box. I have kittens and this is their favorite toy. At night the kittens sleep in my daughter's room and we can't always find them. All we have to do is play in the box of paper strips for about 30 seconds and all of the kittens appear, it's like a magnet to them!

By Sandi

It's amazing how everyday household items become a kittens favorite toy. Our 8 week old kitten "Cheetos" loves paper towel rolls, toilet paper rolls and balled up paper. He also likes the kid's stuffed animals to wrestle with! But I am now going to try your idea too.

I tried this idea with my kittens a while back. They sure loved it but my husband couldn't stand the mess. Their favorite toy which I named "the Rat" I crochet from leftover yarn and stuffed with a small piece old jean. They do love toilet paper rolls and anything that will easily move away from them when they attack it.

Sandi, so many thanks for the wonderful and thrifty idea. I had once wasted roll after roll of bathroom tissue, unrolling entire rolls for the kittens to play in. A soft, fluffy heap of ripped/shredded newspaper will provide the same fun result! Thank you.

kitten playing
Homemade Cat Toys
Pets Cats Cat ToysSeptember 23, 2005
Plastic Newspaper Bag
Uses for Plastic Newspaper Bags
kitten with fleas
Getting Rid of Fleas on Kittens
Newspaper Nail Art
Newspaper Nail Art
Making Paper Bags From Newspaper