Tape Recipes Inside Cabinet Doors

For years, I have taped my favorite recipes inside my cupboard doors. I know exactly which door to open to make my zucchini soup or my favorite party punch. This is normally wasted space and the insides of the doors are covered!

I also include handy tips, substitutions - almost anything I am bound to forget. I doubt myself too often not to have the recipe right in front of me. It's also handy for grocery shopping. If I want to make something special, I just glance at the recipe while making out my list so that I don't forget a needed ingredient. This saves time by not digging through my recipe boxes or any cookbooks.

By omato3g1b from San Antonio, TX

I've been doing this for years too. I just printed out a new "Time and Temperature" Chart for my son's wife who "might" be preparing her first turkey this year. I'll be around, in and out, but she wants to try doing it all by her little self. LOL

An excellent tip.

Yes, a good tip, thanks. I've been doing the same thing too, with a slight variation. I tape snack sized baggies to the inside of my cupboard door and keep my most used recipes there, on index cards. I place these index cards on end, so that they stick out above the bag which makes them quicker to grab. So it's easy to find a recipe, and quick to remove the one I want and put it back, or simply bring it to the front of the pile and view it through the plastic. But if the recipe is printed on both sides of the index card, I find it easier to remove the card while using.

I like this tip, too. I like it so much I've been doing it myself for over 40 years! :-)

I've often thought about doing this. My new year's goal is to simplify everything having to do with food in my household. It's time to try this out! Thanks for the inspiration!

Wooden Recipes Box
Organizing Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsNovember 23, 2010
Cabinet Door
Keeping Cabinet Doors From Slamming Shut
Filling Holes in Cabinet Doors
Filling Holes in Cabinet Doors
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
duct tape flip flops
Making Duct Tape Flip Flops