Thin Crust Pizza Dough

I only baked pizza twice in my life, the first one was a disaster and the second, the recipe below, was absolutely delicious! Argentineans are known to bake the best pizza (pronounced pissa) in the entire world. As a kid in Buenos Aires, I have tasted and eaten a lot of pizzas. No European version I ate later was as good, but this one here is for me, absolutely the best! What I love is the delicious thin, crispy crust and the fact you don't have to wait ages before you can eat it!

• .25 oz. packet active dry yeast (7 grams)
  • 1/4 tsp. granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup 110 degree F water
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • sauce, cheese, and toppings of your choice

Directions:

Dissolve yeast and sugar in water; allow to rest for 8 minutes. In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt. Pour yeast mixture over flour mixture and mix well with a heavy spoon. Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead for 2 minutes.

Working from the edges to the center, press dough into a 12" circle. Place dough on a lightly greased pizza pan and stretch dough to edges. Spread sauce over crust and top with cheese and desired toppings. Bake in a 500 degree F oven for 8-12 minutes, or until edges are golden.

Source: http://recipes.robbiehaf.com/T/272.htm

I always thought New York had the best pizza, except for Davely's in CT (and it's closed). That place was so good you'd walk in and be enveloped in a perfumed cloud of pizza smell.

What's the difference between Argentinian pizza and NY style pizza?

I just wrote Robby and this dough is awful! Anytime you see no rise worry, The dough comes out chewy and underdone, but you have no choice but to take it out as the cheese is black and ruined. I made it on a preheated 500 degree stone. The crust does not puff up on edges like a NY pie, nothing NY about it.

Just tried this recipe. It's lacking in flavor and texture due to no rise. Next time I will let it rise an hour before shaping. The size of the recipe is perfect and it's easy so I will try it again in the future.

Thin crust pizza.
Thin Crust Pizza Dough Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes PizzaJune 28, 2007
A yeast free cheese pizza.
No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipes
Man Kneading Pizza Dough
Freezing Pizza Dough
Rollong pin on round of pizza dough.
Biscuit Pizza Dough Recipes
A woman kneading pizza dough.
Homemade Pizza Dough Recipes
🎄