My family and I were really craving pizza. Unfortunately, we hadn't found any flour at the shops to improvise and make our own dough. My husband suggested using tortillas, so made up this pizza/quesadilla fusion dish. It absolutely hit the spot.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
- 6 oz chicken, small chopped
- 1/3 onion, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 large tortillas
- 2/3 cup shredded cheese
- Add some oil to a large pan over medium high heat. Add onions and chicken. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and onions are softened. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Stir in tomato sauce, hot sauce, sugar, and oregano. Cook for a couple minutes. Transfer to a plate and wipe out pan.
- Return pan to medium heat and add a drizzle of oil. Add a tortilla and sprinkle with cheese half the cheese.
- Place chicken mixture on top of cheese.
- Sprinkle on the rest of the cheese, then top with other tortilla.
- Use a large spatula to flip it over and cook other side for a few minutes. If the pan was completely dry when flipping, add a touch of oil.
- Place on a large plate and cut into quarters. Serve immediately.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.