Chicken Pizzadilla

My family and I were really craving pizza. Unfortunately, we hadn't found any flour at the shops to improvise and make our own dough. My husband suggested using tortillas, so made up this pizza/quesadilla fusion dish. It absolutely hit the spot.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 13 minutes

Total Time: 23 minutes

1. Add some oil to a large pan over medium high heat. Add onions and chicken. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and onions are softened. Season with some salt and pepper.
  2. Stir in tomato sauce, hot sauce, sugar, and oregano. Cook for a couple minutes. Transfer to a plate and wipe out pan.
  3. Advertisement

4. Return pan to medium heat and add a drizzle of oil. Add a tortilla and sprinkle with cheese half the cheese.
  5. Place chicken mixture on top of cheese.
  6. Sprinkle on the rest of the cheese, then top with other tortilla.
  7. Use a large spatula to flip it over and cook other side for a few minutes. If the pan was completely dry when flipping, add a touch of oil.
  8. Advertisement

9. Place on a large plate and cut into quarters. Serve immediately.

Good thought about using the tortillas. I recently made something similar that we're calling Mizza but I used everyday sliced bread with the crust cut off and flattened out with my rolling pin. I got the idea from having used rolled out bread slices in the past for making quick and easy sausage rolls.

MINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where have you beeN?? So excited to see you!

Nice idea with rolling the bread. We don't have any bread here yet but got some flour finally-- so i shall bake :)

This looks and sounds delicious! I use floured tortillas for grilled cheese sandwiches and chicken quesadillas and other things but never thought about pizza! Thanks for the great tip!!

You're so welcome, Jackie!! :)

Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesApril 8, 2020
😷
🐛
👒
🌻

Generated 2020-04-14 06:24:13 in 8 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

Main DishesRecipes