Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Dishwasher Soap Reviews

Which brands of dishwasher detergent do the best job?

By Kimmie

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Grandma J [46]02/20/2011

I have done a trial and error over the last 26 years of dishwashers (only gone through 3). Currently I am using the Walmart brand of liquid in a large bottle. They first came out with the tablet form, must have gotten into trouble as that got pulled from the market. I liked that as well. So, unless you get a good coupon/sale deal, this is what I stand by. I cannot say anything about other generic brands, as I went from Cascade & Electrosol (like) to the Walmart brand. It has a couple of scents too, lemon/orange.

By Jaime [1]02/20/2011

We used to use the packets that have a powder and a liquid in the plastic that disolves during the wash. We had clear plates and after a few months there was a white film on them that we could not get off.

What we found works well is the liquid (Cascade). I fill up both cups since we have hard water. Once a month or so I put about 1/4 cup of baking soda in the dishwasher and add some vinegar. I let it sit for one hour then run the empty dishwasher. I seems to clear out the gunk.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Dishwasher Soap Reviews

Reviews of soap for dishwashers. Which one works best for you? Post your ideas.