Using Stevia in Tea

This is my first season growing stevia and I had a bumper crop. The only thing is I am not fond of the leafy substance floating in my tea. Are there ways to process it to a liquid or powder? The picture is after I harvested.

By Yo from Midwest

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You can strain it or make a small bag. Put it in the bag, good luck.

Wow I had no Idea that they grew that big mine is only 6 inches tall, I had to bring it in the house before it froze.

I live in Spokane WA Is there any one else that grows them in WA? Marcia

Have you tried putting the fresh leaves in a blender with a little bit of water and then straining it?

After I dried my leaves I put them in a dry blade blender (I have a Vitamix that I also grind wheat with). This reduced the leaves to a powder mixture that is very sweet so just a bit is needed.

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceOctober 29, 2009
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
Stevia Leaves
Stevia Leaves Turning Brown
Chai Tea Latte
Chai Tea Latte Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 12:52:41 PM on 10.0.2.240 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.