Lighted Floral Arrangement in a Miniature Wooden Wagon

I found these cute little wagons and I just had to have them to make for two friends and co-workers for Christmas. I bought one in blue and one in pink. The wagons cost me about $12.00. I had spanish moss already and I used 2 strings of 50 clear light mini Christmas lights which I already had also. I bought the flowers at the Dollar Store which cost me about $6. The total cost was about $20.00 by the time I got everything for both gifts.

Approximate Time to Complete: was about 30 minutes for each wagon.

List of Materials:

• bag of spanish moss
  • 2-50 light strings of clear Christmas mini lights
  • 2-miniature wagons
  • 4 or 6-bouquets of flowers of your choice

Instructions:

Line bottom of wagon with a layer of the Spanish moss. Add the Christmas lights over the Spanish moss making sure the plug in for the lights is on the back corner of the wagon so it will be hidden. Then lay another light layer of Spanish moss over the lights to kind of hide them. With the flowers you start by cutting them all off the bouquet stem at the bottom of the stems (I used the pliers with the wire cutter). Once you have all the flowers cut, then you start inserting them into the wagon (this can be a little frustrating at first until you get a number of them inserted, then tend to fall over at first) . I arranged the flowers as I went, changing them around till I found the right look that I wanted.

It is an easy but dramatic looking craft project that makes great gifts. And you feel really great when you give the gifts and the recipients can not believe you made it yourself and they absolutely love your gifts.

By Connie from Towanda, PA

stings of beads and lights
Ideas for Making Lighted Home Decor
Crafts FloralApril 11, 2007
Wagon Wheel Doily
Making a Wagon Wheel Doily
Pink and red daisies in a clear glass vase.
Cleaning Buildup Inside a Vase
Making a Floral Wall Bucket
Making a Floral Wall Bucket
Glass Blocks
Putting Pictures on Lighted Glass Blocks
🎉
🎄