Looking for Moving Help in Dallas

I live in far north Dallas, TX and need some advice. I am not moving, but I want to move several pieces of big furniture from upstairs to downstairs and vice versa. There will also be a bed to unassemble and reassemble. Can anyone in this area recommend a specific person or a group like "off duty fire fighters" that are careful and honest, but not as expensive as a moving company? Thank you .

Lola M from Dallas, Tx

I don't know who can help but your idea of off duty fire fighters might be a place to start. You could call the fire stations and ask if anybody knows anybody. Whan we're looking for people to buck hay I drive down through the middle of our little town and ask guys standing on the curbs if they want to work or know anybody who does. Of course, you wouldn't do that for somebody coming into your home but calling the fire stations might get you the same results: good hard workers who would love to earn a little extra cash.

If you meet income guidelines for assistance, check with your local Human Services office. Check with your local high school--football players, wrestlers, etc all look for donations to their booster clubs and this may be a way to earn money. My own high school sons got well known for helping people pack up to move, etc. One is a manager of a grocery store who does the home deliveries. He is often hired after hours to help some elderly person to move their furniture.

Don't ask for off duty fire fighters. They have their home life and family who wait for their days off for family things.

If they would get hurt during a furniture move, I am sure you would be responsible for their medical fees as well. So make sure things are safe. This is why movers do what they do. And charge that way. They cover their own insurance. Check with your homeowners policy before hand as well to make sure issues would be covered.

Why not check the nearest college or university? Ask the fraternities if they can help, pick a convenient day, offer to pay a set amount or offer to donate a set amount to a charity for them. I am sure the fraternity can use the money to run their 'house'. I would suggest you agree on a set sum, regardless of how long it takes.

Your church, of course.

go to www.craigslist.com and click on texas and click on cities, navigate your way through the website and you can even post your own ad.

My son had a wonderful karate instructor here in WI who moved back home to Dallas. Ask at some karate schools. His name is Mr. Corey Grimm. He used to be a bodyguard for Chuck Norris' wife and kids. You can look him up on the internet--google his name. He would be strong and honest and he probably could use the money. Tell him Kyle says hi and he misses him.

Older Cat
Moving an Older Cat
Alabama Sign
Moving to Alabama
Dallas Skyline
Dallas/Ft. Worth Frugal Travel Guide
Duck eggs in a nest.
Moving Duck Eggs
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 22, 2016 at 12:39:41 PM on 10.0.0.121 in 921 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.