Hand Soap Container for Soap Pieces

Since I was a little girl in a house of 6 kids, we always had leftover pieces of soap. I saw a container in the Harriet Carter catalog on a product that turns old, small pieces of soap into hand soap in some kind of container. Does anyone know where I can find one, I have tried looking in the Harriet Carter catalog and they don't carry it anymore. Any help?

Thank You,
Koren form Virgin Islands

Hi there! I have an idea for your extra slivers of soap- I always stick that sliver on top of the new bar of soap (wet of course) and it melts right in. You never have to worry about putting all those little guys together! :-)

All you need to do is keep any nice little dish around to put the extra little pieces of soap in....when the dish (maybe a dessert dish) is full...microwave it altogether for a few seconds...keep doing that until you can shape it all into a new bar of soap...very easy to do.

Koren,Theresa & Patsy both have good ideas but mine is closer to Patsy's.My Mother use to put those same broken up pieces in the oven on 250º (in an old pan or pot)and let the warm oven melt the soap,cool and then cut into bars. Just keep on saving those pieces 'til winter and also help warm your home!!! Jackie

You can also use a regular liquid soap dispenser and add glass marbles regular of decorative to the dispenser. add a little water and soap slivers. shake aafter soap gets soft to mix.

I've had a "soap saver" from Harriet Carter for years. It is very handy way to use all those little pieces of soap.

I found another source. www.ShopHomeTrends.com

or phone 1-800-810-2340. product # 409000

Liquid Soap Maker (set of 2) $11.95.