Great Tips for Container Gardening

Category Container
When you decide to try container gardening there are several things you will need to be aware of and attend to in order to ensure success, such as type and size of container, soil, moisture, and more. This is a guide about great tips for container gardening.

I recently attended a Garden Day put on by the Master Gardeners in my area. Oh, how I love spring! I walked down aisles full of vendors selling the latest plants and gardening gear, ate lunch out of a flower pot and attended several interesting classes. Here are a few tips I picked up on container gardening.

Finding and Selecting Containers

Designing With Containers

Soil for Containers

Caring for Container Plants

Miscellaneous Tips

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

By mary (Guest Post)

Question: Are you able to use a cordless drill on ceramic pots? clay pots?

Editor's Note:

When drilling ceramic, shell or pots mark the spot you want to drill with a crayon or marker then cover it with clear scotch tape. Stop drilling every 5 seconds or so to keep it from getting too hot, you can also have someone squirt water on the place you are drilling to help cool it. It's always good to try on a piece of broken pottery first so you can get an idea how it will work. A cordless drill with a good drill bit should work.