Giving Parvo Puppy Gatorade

We adopted a collie/retriever mix yesterday and today found out he has Parvo. My 4 year old is heart broken! They gave him IV fluids and some injections to help with vomiting and diarrhea. Is there anything else we can do at home? Can we give him Gatorade? This puppy has had a rough beginning, I don't want him to have a rough end too. Please help.

Tamara

I would give Pedialyte by dropper. If he was given IV's he must have been seen by a vet-what does the vet recommend. Follow his instructions.

I helped my dog through parvo. It is scary. You can feed the puppy baby food and pedialyte. It's all mine could stomach for a couple of weeks.

Please do not give puppy gatorade. Colloidal silver in water has been a proven assitance. This is available in health food stores. Please do a search on the net and you will obtain a heap of information. Shirleys Wellness has been very helpful to me with my animals. Just do a google search to bring up the sight.

My puppy had parvo from the animal shelter when we got her, but we didn't know until we had her for two days. This was one time not to scrimp.

We took her to the vet for IV's. It was tense going, but she is fine now. We were recommended to make rice and give her that as it is easily digestible. We were told to add more water than usual to the raw rice. When the rice was done cooking, cool and give her the water that is left over and the rice itself when she was able to eat it. She pulled through and over a year later, she is a fun and energetic ball of fire.

Make jello and before you put in refrig keep a 6 oz amount in a glass when it is lukewarm not hot to touch give to pup to drink this is similar to pedialyte and some docs suggest this for sick kids too

This is in response to beth. We DO take very good care of any of our animals. If you had took a second to read before shooting your mouth like a dork. The animal got sick THE DAY WE GOT IT! No vaccination could have prevented it at that point!

Vaccinations don't take parvo away only prevent it. The animal already had it when we got him! Now after giving him gatorade and pedialyte he is happy, healthy and a great dog, and FYI. He is not allowed to have ANY VACCINATIONS FOR 7-10 DAYS AFTER THE LAST SYMPTOM OF PARVO HAS DISAPPEARED! Thank you to anyone else who posted. We are glad to have Bingo as a member of our family! :-)

Actually I have 2 puppies 5 months old that are fully vaccinated that have been diagnosed with parvo. One is a lot sicker then the other but neither has diarrhea.Both are vomiting. He recommended Gatorade or Pedialyte, Tamiflu, Some kind of anti nausea med, baby food chicken, and an antibiotic shot, and he gave them iv's. The reason we think they got it after being vaccinated properly is because he said the immunity from the mother was too strong and blocked the vaccine and when it wore off they didn't have any protection which has really scared me. If you do everything right and your dog still gets this you feel absolutely hopeless.

Any good animal Dr. would have given you powered Pedialyte for animals. They have it, or should have it, on hand. I never give my pets any over the counter meds meant for humans. Their systems are very different than ours.

Gatorade has sugar in it, and sugar is not good for animals. Your vet should have powdered pedialyte for animals on hand. Never give any food or drink for humans to pets, meds included. Their systems aren't like ours.

Pets Dogs HealthAugust 29, 2008
dog with parvo
Information About Parvo
A dog being seen by a veterinarian.
Can a Dog Get Parvo Again?
Puppy With Parvo
Caring for a Puppy With Parvo
Puppy Smelling Flower
Getting a Puppy After Losing One to Parvo
🎄