If you haven't gotten one of those electrical tester screwdrivers with a little neon bulb in it and a metal cap at the hand end, GET ONE! They are cheap enough that you can afford a spare. Friends and neighbors WILL be borrowing it!
When you touch the tip to an electrical contact, wire, light socket, etc. and touch a finger to the metal cap at the end, the little neon bulb in it lights up. Don't worry, you won't get shocked, not even a door knob shock. The only current that flows is what your ears, acting like an antenna, pick up from the air.
That precious little $1.99 screwdriver will save you all kinds of money, and extensive house calls by the electrician. It is also a much appreciated and actually used gift.
By OpheliaD from Calgary, AB
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!