Browsing: Removing Mothball Smell from Furniture

Trunk With Mothball Smell

We acquired an old trunk that was very musty smelling, after trying several things I got the 'bright' idea of putting moth balls in it! I stored pictures and picture albums in there, and now everything smells like moth balls, oh to have that 'musty' smell back again! Is there something I can do to get rid of that moth ball smell now? We recently moved to WA state and I have the albums on a shelf in the office, and the smell just won't go away. Help!

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

There is a product called OZIUM. It comes small thin canister. I have found it in hardware stores. 1 or 2 squirts a day in the room with "smelly" objects and eventually, after just a few days you will notice the odor is gone. Don't spray on the objects and read the warnings. (It is bad for pets and people with breathing problems) use sparingly! it does work

Best Answer

I bought an old dresser once and it had a musty smell. Try setting a container of fresh ground coffee in it for a few days. It worked for me.

i've tried everything to get this smell out of some clothes that we bought for our grandaughter at a rummage sale...is there a miracle cure for the smell...thanx alot..sue

Old couch that smells like mothballs.
Removing Mothball Smell from Furniture
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJanuary 21, 2005
Removing Mothball Odor from Clothing
Removing Mothball Odor from Clothing
old trunk
Recovering a Trunk With Vinyl
three ornaments
Making Christmas Tree Trunk Ornaments
Old Steamer Trunk
Cleaning and Restoring an Old Trunk
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 5:27:14 PM on 10.0.1.227 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.