Keep Your ID Separate For Safety

Since I previously lost my billfold and all of my i.d. at one time, I now always keep an extra credit card and my driver's license in a side, zip pocket of my purse.

Plus, my daughter who is now away at college keeps her credit card at her dorm and only her debit card in her purse. I'm not sure if she understands my concerns but it makes me feel safer to know that if her purse is misplaced or stolen that she will be able to survive until all the paper work is sorted out.

Maybe I'm reasonable or too protective but I do know that experience is a good, hard teacher.

By Judy from Memphis, TN

No...that is very good advice to keep them separate.

It is also good to keep house/car keys separate from your ID or checkbook that has your address on it. I used to have a coin purse that hardly took up any space that I liked that kept money, credit cards, keys and all in one little wallet. Then I realized if I lost it or got mugged for some ungodly reason I would loose it all.

This is a great idea, thanks for sharing.

Best to be on the safe side and you can never be too safe! I was unfortunate and was robbed twice and learned the hard way about carrying too much with me. Everything worked out in the end but it was still scary. I carry as little as possible. It is not good to carry a lot of credit cards. Also, I laid what few cards and ID I carry on my scanner and made a copy so I have in a safe place in the event I should be robbed again. Here's some advice, don't hang your purse over your chair at a restaurant and don't leave your purse in your vehicle even if you think it's hidden!

Man Trying to Steal Woman's Purse
Purse Safety Tips
Better Living Safety PersonalNovember 5, 2009
Childs Car Seat
Decorating a Child's Car Seat
Barbecue Food Safety
Barbecue Food Safety Tips
A woman wearing a bike helmet.
Teaching Bike Safety
Ladder Safety
Ladder Safety Tips