Gum on Suede

I have a suede jacket that I put in the dryer to freshen it up before wearing it. I failed to check the pockets after it had been in the closet all year. To my surprise I had gum all over the inside of my dryer and have spots of gum all over my suede jacket.

I got the gum out of my dryer with this website's advice, but I need to know if there's anything that will work to get the spots of gum that's all over my suede jacket out? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

By Tonya from Shreveport, LA

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I got this from How Things Work:

Follow these steps to remove chewing gum stains from Suede: Very carefully scrape to remove excess. Gently rub an art gum eraser over the remaining substance. If any stain remains, cautiously rub the spot with an emery board or extra fine (number 000) sandpaper. You are removing a fine layer of the hide, so work slowly and carefully.

December 7, 2009 Flag

How can I remove gum from my new suede sofa?

Milly from Milton

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherDecember 7, 2009
Suede Couch
Cleaning Cat Urine From Suede
Blue Suede Couch in Carpeted  Living Room
Cleaning Suede
blue suede shoes
Dyeing Suede Shoes
Woman's Winter Suede Boots
Repairing Bleach Spots on Suede Boots
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 12:45:57 PM on 10.0.0.234 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.