Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

How Do I Remove Dish Soap from the Dishwasher?

My son has poured half a bottle of washing up liquid into the dishwasher, now it just fills with soap when I run it. How can I get rid of the excess soap?

By Gary from Middletown, MD

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Patt [3]05/13/2011

Pour 1/2 gallon of white vinegar in the dishwasher and start it running. Check it after a couple of minutes and if there are suds pour more vinegar in. Vinegar works great for oversudsing in a washing machine too. To show how well it works put a tiny bit of bleach on your fingers and rinse as well as you can. Then pour a little vinegar on your fingers and the slick feel is gone. I know, I know, you aren't supposed to get bleach on you, but a small amount so briefly won't kill you

By Edna Raisor05/12/2011

If you are able to scoop any of the excess dish soap out I would do so. Otherwise, vinegar will neutralize the soap.Basically take away the bubbles out of the soap. You also can use vinegar in the rinse aid dispenser. I put it in there full strength. Much cheaper than other name brand rinse aids. Start your dishwasher to fill with water. Then pour white vinegar around the bottom of your dishwasher. Hope this helps.