Recycle Those Plastic Shopping Bags!

Cyndi Roberts

I don't know about you, but I can't bear to throw away those plastic bags that we get every time we go to the store.  They are so handy for lots of things!

I keep them in a decorative tin in my kitchen.  Then they are at hand when I need one. 

I have read hints about using an old tissue box to store them.  Just stuff them in the top and pull one out at a time.

I use these bags for:

• Wastebasket liners--I never buy liners for the small wastebaskets in the bedrooms and bathrooms.

• When I travel, I put shoes in the bags, and then in our suitcase.  Nothing gets dirty!

• Packing material when mailing.  They are very lightweight and fit around any item.

• They can be used to carry craft projects with you. I always have a plastic canvas project going -- when I want to take it with me, I just put everything in a plastic shopping bag.

• Wet bathing suits or towels can be transported in plastic shopping bags.  The larger bags can be used to cover car seats when the kids are wearing the wet bathing suits!

• Carrying lunches to work or school or on a field trip;  there's no need to keep up with a lunch box, just throw the bag away.

•   When our boys were younger and played soccer, sometimes they had to play in the rain or on a wet field.  We just put plastic bags on their feet, then put on their socks and shoes and it helped keep their feet dry.

• If you're doing a messy painting technique, such as ragging, cover your hands with a plastic bag and your hands will stay clean.  I like to cover my hands and as far up on my arms as the bag will go when I am rolling paint with a roller, then all those little spatters are on the bags and not on me.

Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without!

About The Author: Cyndi Roberts is the editor of the bi-weekly newsletter "1 Frugal Friend 2 Another", bringing you practical, money-saving tips, recipes and ideas.  Visit her online at http://www.cynroberts.com to subscribe and receive the Free e-course, "Taming the Monster Grocery Bill".

it is much less expensive when diapering a baby to use these bags to wrap the "stinky" ones in rather then the bags you can buy for this.

Just a quick story if you don't mind. While visiting my mother who was dying of cancer in FL, I was sitting in her hospital room with 4 plastic bags holding needlepoint, crocheting, knitting and embroidery, book and magazine.

She was conscious at one point and noticing all my bags (they were hard to miss) giggled and called me her bag lady. A cute moment that she and I shared, not to be forgotten.

lol patsAZ

Don't forgot those of us who walk our dogs and need them to clean up after our beloved pooches. We're always begging bags off other people because we run out (ha, ha, bad pun) regularly.

Stick your feet in them and then your shoes to prevent your feet from getting wet.

By Annie

Did you know that in my grocery store, you return your used grocery bag during checkout, that I get discounted .05cents for using my own grocery bag?

Store clothes not presently needed in them.

Take them to the supermarket when shopping; in South Africa we pay for bags when we haven't brought our own.

Donate them to charity shops for customers to put their shopping in.

Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Two soldiers photographed fighting in WW II.
Did They Have Plastic Bags in WW II?
A pile of colorful plastic bags.
Making Yarn From Plastic Bags
🎉
🎄