Making Yarn From Plastic Bags
This is a guide about making yarn from plastic bags
. Yarn made from plastic shopping bags, can be used to create wonderful craft project. It's easy and a great way to recycle.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a quick and easy way to create your own yarn from plastic bags. Not only are you recycling, but you can crochet some really cool things with it. I'm going to go do that right now! :)
Total Time: Depends on amount of bags you use.
Source: Not a new idea, just my version :)
- Flatten your bag.
- Fold your bag in half long ways.
- Fold in half again.
- Fold in half one last time, keep it flat and smooth.
- Take the very bottom and snip off about 1/2". You are removing the sealed or joined end.
- Now cut about 10 pieces, each around 1" wide.
- Stop when you reach the handles, you will not be using this part.
- Open up 2 strips.
- Thread one strip horizontally through your vertical strip.
- Place one end of your vertical strip "through" the other looped end of the same strip.
- Pull gently but firmly to cinch.
- Repeat with as many strips as you desire. All set to crochet! :)
December 15, 20150 found this helpful
I'd love to see something you've made with your plastic bag yarn.
December 30, 20150 found this helpful
I just spent 2 hours trying to make something from a plastic bag.... not fun, and not worth the time.