Looking for Inexpensive Auto Insurance

Who has found the cheapest auto insurance?

By T from Orange County, CA

I have both my auto and renter's insurance with Nationwide, have been with them for several years and am very satisfied with their services.

Even if all of us told you a single company was great, the chance of it being a good pick for you would be slim. The cost of auto insurance differs between companies, the regions of the country you live in, the city you live in, your sex, your age, your past driving history, the make and model of your vehicle, your deductible, whether you have homeowners insurance with the same company, the type and amount of coverage you choose, etc. This is one time when it's best to call around or check the internet for a good price. And remember, the amount you pay has nothing to do with how the company will treat you or what kind of medical care they'll pay for if you ever get in an accident. Personally, I think insurance is kind of like a crap-shoot--you research what you think is the best, pay the premiums, and hope you never have to make a claim because you don't really know how they will pay. Good luck.

Agree with susanmajp!

I am female, 55, no accidents ever that were my fault, no tickets since 1982, own a 2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon, live in a small town in Washington State, on average don't drive more than 50 miles a month, have full coverage and I pay $50.00 a month but other company's quoted as much as $100.00 more a month than that :-o

Just shop around and ask each agent lots of questions and detailed quotes in writing from each before deciding ;-)

Oh! And each and every time your policy comes up for renewal shop again!

If you belong to Sam's Club or Costco - check out their benefits to members - we found a great deal for our family, including 2 teenage boys, through Sam's and then added our homeowners and got another discount through the same company! Worth a try - just have your declaration page in hand when you call so you can compare "apples to apples" - then, if you want to change anything you can do that afterwards.

Hi, I was given this phone number for inexpensive auto insurance if you earn less than $26,000 a year.

I am not sure if it is just for California, or for other states as well. 866-620-8861 Loretta

We switched from Farmers to Progressive and save $50.00 per month.

It's tricky to find real auto insurance price comparisons on the internet because many of the web sites are what they call "lead generation" sites in the insurance business. They tend to collect your information, and then have agents call or email you. Some of them within an hour of inputting your info, but they keep coming for a few days or a week.

You can get live price quotes from some of the bigger companies like Geico, esurance, etc.

This site, if you enter your zip code, gives a list of sites that have online quotes. You still have to go to each one individually, but just note the price quote on a piece of paper ( or in windows notepad ), and then make a choice.

http://billeater.com/compare/insurance

Or, try of the bigger sites directly: http://geico.com/

http://esurance.com/

And, I'm sure that an insurance agent might chime in and say, "You know, I can do that for you" :)

I have been with the same insurance broker for about ten years. I have recently had a renewal quote and it's over £50 more than last year. I phoned and told them that it's too much. (Using a free phone number). I was on the phone for half an hour but they did a bit of checking and got it down almost a half of what it was last year. Before searching the internet and being inundated with quotes try this way first. You never know.

Saving Money on Auto Insurance, A car accident.
Saving Money on Auto Insurance
Consumer Advice Cars InsuranceJuly 24, 2009
Saving Money on Health Insurance, Health Insurance Paperwork
Saving Money on Health Insurance
Thief Breaking into Car
Preventing Auto Theft
A new home.
Saving Money on Home Owner's Insurance
🎄
🍂