Bag Those Socks!

I bought the net type washing bags for lingerie and delicate things. Each person in the family has a sock bag. The dirty socks are put in each person's bag, then I wash them and dry them in the bag. Then the bags are given to each person, so they can put up their socks. If a sock is missing, then you know the person it belongs to needs to look under the bed, etc., until they find the sock. It has kept most all those wild socks corralled, and we don't have as many strange pairs as we used to have!

By Elaine from OK

Great idea!

Dear Elaine,

Your idea is super. I already have mesh bags, but didn't think of using them to corral the socks. It would save much sorting and give the responsibility of ownership back to the owner! Now what in the world do I do about my husbands various length and materials of BLACK dress socks? I suppose if they're all in a bag together, he'd have to lift out the ones that match each other on his own? What is this? Cruel and unusual spousalhood?

P.S. I used to live in OK and have many excellent friends there.

Miss Bonnie, it is amazing how men can begin to find thier own socks when you just toss the bag of socks to them and say, "Here are your socks," The shocked look on thier faces is good for a day! It may actuallly fall into the category of cruel and unusual spousalhood.

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

A picture of a pair of socks.
Organizing Socks
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJuly 12, 2011
Uses for Unmatched Socks, Small Pile of Unmatched Socks
Uses for Unmatched Socks
Woman carrying a laundry basket full of socks.
Keeping Track of Socks
Golf Bag with Pool Cues in it
Uses for an Old Golf Bag
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
🎉
🎄