Why is My Wallpaper Coming Loose?

I have wallpaper that is coming loose along the seems on two inside walls. I have bought the glue to put it back, but I am curious as to what caused it to begin with. This is on the 2nd floor inside wall of my bedroom, where there is no moisture. Could being too dry cause this as well?
Thanks
Carolyn

Answers

Yes, it could be too dry. Sometimes on plaster walls you need to coat them in a very watered down PVA (wood glue) solution to stop the plaster from sucking all the moisture out of the paste till there's nothing left to hold the paper up. The PVA seals the plaster but (when totally dry) still allows the paste to stick the paper to the wall. The quick solution (it doesn't always work if your plaster is new, but should if it's older), is when papering, paste the wall AND the paper. Do not use the pva to stick the edges back down as it would be a nightmare to peel the paper off when you next come to decorate.

Hope this helps.

Chicky

Home and Garden Home Improvement WallpaperAugust 17, 2004
Blue and white retro wallpaper.
Cleaning Wallpaper
Wood with a screw in it.
Fixing a Loose Screw in Wood
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted, Gloved hand scraping off wallpaper.
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
🎉
🎄