Removing Carpet Glue from Clothing

My son has started a carpet layers apprenticeship. His clothes are constantly covered in carpet glue and no-one seems to know how to get them out. I keep washing them but the glue marks are constantly there. The uniform is of course navy blue so it looks horrible. Can anyone out there please suggest something that might get the stains out? Help.

Nicole from Qld, Australia

In the US there's a hand cleaner called GOOP - it's for mechanics and others who need a heavy duty hand cleaner. Many years ago I was learning to lay carpet and the gentleman teaching me told me to slather the GOOP on my jeans, let stand for about 5 minutes then wash as usual. Every bit of the adhesive came off in the wash. I have also used GOOP to remove paint and ink from clothes.

I used resolve (the original for carpet cleaning) and it took it all out. I was ready to throw the work clothes out so it was worth trying. Used it on the baby's clothes and it took all stains out. It really is great stuff.

Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingJanuary 26, 2009
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet