Stainless Steel Pan

My Stainless Steel Fry Pan was heated without anything in it and the metal is scorched. It doesn't seem to affect cooking, but is it still safe to use?

Gayle from New York

Answers

Personally I would continue to use it unless it has some kind of nonstick coating. However I would check the manufacturer's Web site for information. I would also call my local County Extension Service and talk with a real, live humann being about it. They can usually answer such questions and the service (at least in my area) is free.

I hope someone more knowledgable than I am will respond to your question. My main concern would be if the pan base contains aluminum some of it might have leeched through the steel. I've heard this happens but have never seen verification of it so I'm not sure.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food SafetyDecember 7, 2006
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
Stainless Steel Cookware
Switching to Stainless Steel Cookware
Cleaning a stainless steel dishwasher.
Cleaning Fingerprints Off Stainless Steel
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 6:56:06 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.