Decoupage With Newspaper Clippings

I'm going to be decoupaging a cheap old table with newspaper clippings. I'm concerned that the reverse of each clipping might show through once I have decoupaged them to the table.

What sort of surface should I mount these on to minimize any effects of them being translucent - a dark surface or a light surface?

In other words, might it be better to paint the table black or to paint the table white before starting the project?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

I do a lot of decoupage and some paper is fine as it is. However some magazine paper and newspaper needs sealing on the back before using. This solves the problem you are having.

Ted, why don't you take a piece of cardboard and paint half of it black and the other half white. Do a test decoupage on both sides and decide which one works the best.

decoupaged bowl
Decoupage Tips and Tricks
Crafts DecoupageNovember 13, 2006
Plastic Newspaper Bag
Uses for Plastic Newspaper Bags
Grass Clippings On Sidewalk
Using Grass Clippings That Have Weed Killer On Them
Newspaper Nail Art
Newspaper Nail Art
Stack of Newspaper on White Background
Storing Newspaper Clippings
🎄