Dollar Origami Hearts

When were were at a Chinese buffet, I noticed several Origami hearts clipped over a glass at the checkout counter. The little Chinese waitress handed one to me to see. It was so neat!

On one side, you can insert a coin (no idea why, other than as a weight if you use it as a bookmark?), the back side clips over a page, but it's so neat. I traded her $2 for 2 of the hearts. I've been trying to take a picture of it, but it keeps turning out blurry. Here are instructions on You Tube.

Ariela from Jax, FL

Watched your video, great job. It sure takes a lot of patience to make one.

that's the best use of YouTube I've seen yet! thanks for putting that up.

Oooops... sorry, I should have stated in my post that I didn't MAKE this video. I didn't know what this heart was called. So I did a Google search on Origami Heart and the youtube page came up. So I included it my post. I didn't meant to mis-represent it. I couldn't locate any written instructions, and I'm sure I wouldn't be able to follow them anyway. But who ever made this video certainly did a great job and is very patient! But in the small picture at the top.

I took the picture of the little finished heart. I held it to the screen

and took the pic.

WONDERFUL post. thank you for finding that great video : )

I have been doing origami for a couple of years now, and I really enjoyed doing this! Thanks

Thanks for posting both! With the patience it takes to fold it, it's worth doing on a larger bill, like a $20!

Thanks - I've been looking for unique 'little things' to give my granddaughter. She'll love this!

My wife and I send postcards to all our young nieces and nephews when we travel. We also bring them back coins from wherever we go. We recently attended a Christmas family gathering. We have a dozen kids to do gifts for. We usually do origami $50 bills in various shapes. This year, we did this heart/coin origami and used very old Chinese coins (the kinds with holes in the center) instead of quarters. We told them it was to bring them love, wealth, and luck (heart, money, and Chinese coin that can be worn as a necklace). Thank you!

Origami
Origami Craft Ideas
Photos CraftsNovember 15, 2007
Toilet Paper Origami Fan
Making a Toilet Paper Origami Fan
Origami Chopstick Wrapper
Origami Chopstick Wrapper
Dollar Bill Origami Ideas
Dollar Bill Origami Ideas
A man holding a dollar.
Shopping at Dollar Stores
🎉
🎄