Removing Odor from Leather Purse

I have a leather purse that has a horrible odor on the outside. Does anyone know how to get the odor out?

By Rona

I have a suggestion but I don't know if it's availabale any more. Kirby company (the one that sells vaccuums) used to have an odor product. It was a small bottle with a clear liquid. You put a drop or two on the fowl area and it literally sucked the stink into that spot. We tried one drop on an onion cut is half and you couldn't smell the onion with it under your nose.

This is a tough one. Here are the three things I would try myself.

1) Air it out. Put it in the garage or outside for a day - usually air and sunshine does wonders.

2) Turn it inside out. Then place a cotton ball moistened with white vinegar and put the whole thing in a plastic bag - ziplock if small enough. Leave it for a day. Try it a second time.

3) Turn it inside out. Place a fabric softener sheet and purse in a plastic bag or ziplock for a day.

Thanks to those that answered. Will try your suggestions.

I suggest you fill it with crumpled newspaper. Close it up and leave it for a few days and the odor should be gone.

Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherNovember 16, 2009
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Men's leather winter boots.
Removing Smoke Odor from Leather Boots
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎄