Apple Cider Vinegar For Room Odors

My son and I were discussing the tip I added here of using fresh coffee grounds to safely remove odors of all kinds. He told me that he was listening to a problem-solving program on the radio when someone called in with an odor problem. The host said for them to use apple cider vinegar.

He gave the example of a terrible odor problem that was caused by a death in an apartment that took a month to discover. I won't go into the details. But the host said that a bowl of apple cider vinegar was placed in each room and left there for several days. The odor went away, and they were able to rent out the apartment with no problem.

Thank you,

By Donna from Cherryvale, KS

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I, too, use apple cider vinegar to get rid of odors. I had an old dog who was incontinent; therefore, I had a bad odor problem. I put cups of vinegar throughout my house and the odor mysteriously disappeared! I plan to leave it out from now on, even tho the dog died about a month ago.

i tryed it where my litter for 2 cats is... and i had company and she could not get over how well the cider vinegar worked ... she said you can't tell you have cats.... well i will always have some out now...thanks for the great tip

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJanuary 22, 2007
Mulled Grape Cider
Mulled Grape Cider Recipes
Apple Cider Vinegar With Apples and Cinnamon
Health Remedies Using Apple Cider Vinegar
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider, Two glasses of sparkling apple cider.
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider
glass mug of hot apple cider
Hot Spiced Cider Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 10, 2016 at 9:31:50 AM on 10.0.1.42 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.