Apple Cider Vinegar For Room Odors

By Donna Carnall 3 15

My son and I were discussing the tip I added here of using fresh coffee grounds to safely remove odors of all kinds. He told me that he was listening to a problem-solving program on the radio when someone called in with an odor problem. The host said for them to use apple cider vinegar.

He gave the example of a terrible odor problem that was caused by a death in an apartment that took a month to discover. I won't go into the details. But the host said that a bowl of apple cider vinegar was placed in each room and left there for several days. The odor went away, and they were able to rent out the apartment with no problem.

Thank you,

By Donna from Cherryvale, KS

Showing: Comments Sort

By Pat Giles 959 Flag

I, too, use apple cider vinegar to get rid of odors. I had an old dog who was incontinent; therefore, I had a bad odor problem. I put cups of vinegar throughout my house and the odor mysteriously disappeared! I plan to leave it out from now on, even tho the dog died about a month ago.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Nicole 8 54 Flag

i tryed it where my litter for 2 cats is... and i had company and she could not get over how well the cider vinegar worked ... she said you can't tell you have cats.... well i will always have some out now...thanks for the great tip

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJanuary 22, 2007
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
large couch
Removing Odors from Furniture
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider, Two glasses of sparkling apple cider.
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:44:31 PM on 10.0.0.50 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings