Gasoline Smell out of Towels

How do you get the smell of gasoline out of a load of towels in the washer?

Best Answer

First, I would try a cup or so of baking soda (such as Arm & Hammer). Baking soda neutralizes odors. Use it just like you would powdered detergent. Add nothing else to your machine and run it through the full wash cycle. Then, run the towels through a wash cycle using the detergent you regularly use. If that doesn't work, I would then try a cup of vinegar. Again, add nothing else to your machine and run it through the full wash cycle. I would think one of these two would get rid of the odor. Hope this helps - GOOD LUCK!

I've heard that because gasoline is an oil based product that oil will take it out. Baby oil was recommended. Try putting a little baby oil in with the load, it should wash out and take the gasoline with it.

My sister's mother in law used pinesol in the wash for her husband's clothes. It takes out oil, tar and anything else he gets covered with doing road construction.

Rubbing a little Dawn dishwashing liquid into the spots works well. Also you could try using some mechanics hand cleaner.

Fabulous site. Thank you SO much. We had a gasoline mishap where gasoline from the pump spilled on shoes but when we washed them everything in the wash smelled gasoline. The vingar worked like a charm...it's better smelling like a salad then gasoline!!! If you want to get the vinegar smell out just wash in regular detergent.

Try 2 cups of Vinegar in with a quality detergent, not

the bargain stuff. This should do it.

Thanks. My husband spilled old gas from equipment on his shirt and coat. I thought they were ruined. Vinegar did the trick. Thanks

Coca cola is a good item to use to get gasoline smell out of clothes as well as oil stains.

Gas Off

pumping gas
Cleaning Gasoline Smell From Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryMarch 24, 2003
Disposing of Old Gasoline, Red gas can.
Disposing of Old Gasoline
Wooden bookshelf.
Removing Gasoline Smell from Wood Furniture
Stack of Colored Towels
Saving Money on Towels
Stack of colorful towels.
Making Bath Towels More Absorbent
🎉
🎄