Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Will My Puppy Survive Parvo?

I found out today that unfortunately my 6 month old chihuahua has parvo. I've been crying all day. We could not hospitalize him because it would be $700. So we have him at home trying to give him water and Pedialyte to help him. I really hope he gets better. Each day we will have to take him to the vet clinic to have IVs. But I am still afraid that it will not be as effective as him staying there.

I just hope he will be OK. My grandmother has had many dogs die from this terrible disease including her most recent one that passed over the weekend. I am wondering what his chances are. Also, I am wondering if I should clean everything inside and outside now, or when he gets better. By the way, my dog's name is Chewy.

Mercedes from Killeen, TX

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By mattjohnson10/17/2011

I just brought a cute German Shepperd puppy from a pet store but it got sick three days later. Not knowing what was wrong with the dog, I took it to the vet to find out she got pavro. I couldn't believe it. So I done some research and found it takes 7-10 days too show any signs of pavro from the day its caught the virus.

My puppy is at the vet and is fighting for her life at the moment. There is a chance she is going to be OK. What should be done with the pet shop that's sold a very sick puppy? :(

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Will My Puppy Survive Parvo?

My 6 month old Chihuahua has parvo. We could not hospitalize him because it would be $700. So we have him at home trying to give him water and Pedialyte to help him. Each day we will have to take him to the vet clinic to have IVs.