Browsing: Caring for a Puppy With Parvo

Will My Puppy Survive Parvo?

I found out today that unfortunately my 6 month old chihuahua has parvo. I've been crying all day. We could not hospitalize him because it would be $700. So we have him at home trying to give him water and Pedialyte to help him. I really hope he gets better. Each day we will have to take him to the vet clinic to have IVs. But I am still afraid that it will not be as effective as him staying there.

I just hope he will be OK. My grandmother has had many dogs die from this terrible disease including her most recent one that passed over the weekend. I am wondering what his chances are. Also, I am wondering if I should clean everything inside and outside now, or when he gets better. By the way, my dog's name is Chewy.

Mercedes from Killeen, TX

Answers

I just brought a cute German Shepperd puppy from a pet store but it got sick three days later. Not knowing what was wrong with the dog, I took it to the vet to find out she got pavro. I couldn't believe it. So I done some research and found it takes 7-10 days too show any signs of pavro from the day its caught the virus.

My puppy is at the vet and is fighting for her life at the moment. There is a chance she is going to be OK. What should be done with the pet shop that's sold a very sick puppy? :(

Puppy With Parvo
Caring for a Puppy With Parvo
Pets Dogs HealthApril 25, 2008
dog with parvo
Information About Parvo
Self Watering Houseplant
Watering Houseplants On Vacation
A dog being seen by a veterinarian.
Can a Dog Get Parvo Again?
Puppy Smelling Flower
Getting a Puppy After Losing One to Parvo
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 29, 2016 at 12:07:25 AM on 10.0.1.20 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.