Asian Ladybug Trap

A couple warmer sunny days and the asian ladybug beetles have landed. Somewhere I saw I recipe to put in a gallon plastic jug to attract them, like a trap. Any ideas?

Diane from Mid Missouri

Best Answer

I heard it was 1/2 c. water, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 squirt of dish soap, and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Good luck.

i think that is the recipe to rid your home of fruit flies

Best Answer

An easy and less energy expensive way to get the ladybugs off the ceilings and floor in your house is to buy a big mouth 1 liter pepsi or mountain dew. After drinking fill the bottom with a little water. Since the ladybugs fall like a rock when you touch them you can just put the bottle head up and tap them into the bottle.

Do you put this outside or inside?

We recently moved to TN, and I have never in my life seen anything like the lady beetle investation we had this fall and winter! I was vacuming them from walls, ceilings, windows and floors several times a day.

I'll try anything to get rid of them, so please keep the suggestions coming, folks.

Do you put that in an open top jug or a gallon milk jug? I am also vacuuming them from ceiling, walls, windows. I have thousand of them in my dining room. I can also treat the outside of my house does any one have any tried and true products they have used for that?? Please help I am being invaded. They even get in my coffee pot. Desparate in IOWA.

They are awful! I found something called "Bugmax 365" at a farm/home supply store. It WORKS! You just spray it around, and the little devils disappear for a full year!

There's no odor, you can spray it directly on fabric, etc. I don't know what I'd do without it, because we are under siege! Bugmax 365 is in a red spray bottle, but once word gets out, it's hard to find, so grab it if you see it!

What is the most effective trap that you can make from around the house?