Healthier Cake Mix Cookies

I have used the cake mix recipe for making cookies for a couple of years now. I am always looking to make old recipes healthier. Here is what I have come up with to add fiber and to cut the fat and calories.

• 1 box of cake mix (any flavor)
  • 2 beaten eggs
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 2 cups of dry quick-cooking oatmeal
  • 3/4 cup of chips if desired (chocolate, peanut butter or white chocolate)

Mix ingredients together. Drop by walnut-size balls onto ungreased cookie sheet, flatten slightly with bottom of glass. Cook for 15 min in a 350 degree F oven. Cool on wax paper. Makes 4 dozen cookies.

I was just looking up some recipes online for cake mix cookies but I think I will try your recipe instead. Sounds good!

Do I have to use the peanut butter or chocolate? I am diabetic and my husband hates peanut butter.

The chocolate and peanut butter are marked "if desired" in the recipe. I made this recipe yesterday with a carrot cake mix and no chips, and baked it in one pan as cookie bars. It is delicious. Thank you to Judi for sharing this one.

cake mix cookies
Cake Mix Cookie Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cookies Cake MixFebruary 19, 2008
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
Making a boxed cake mix.
Baking a Cake With Boxed Cake Mix
baked cookies 3
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies